Home Technical Talk

Mari : problem with the images that get imported to paint through with

im using the displacement maps from xyz.texture i merged then in the RGB channels and everything. but now when i bring them to mari they dosent look right like the picture i provide just know the images size is around 15k.. when i crop a small portion of it it works fine but this is gonna make it a lot harder to paint it .. dose anyone have a soluation for this or way around it

ps i fiugerd out its not just the displacement maps im guessing its all large size pictures
im also wondring  what is the latest version of mari that require less than version 3.2 of open GL

Replies

• Farfarer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've not seen that sort of thing happen before. Does it only happen with images that big? What graphics card are you using?

If you want Mari with lower than GL 3.2, you're probably looking at the 2.X series... if your graphics card/drivers doesn't support 3.2 you're probably not going to be able to run Mari very well at all.
  • MoonCake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So far there's no pattern its only happening with the displacement maps even if i crop it to 4k and that big Emily diffuse map . im actually using Radeon (tm) RX 460  it actuly supports open GL 4.5 i was just wondering maybe if i try an old version on my lap top i might be apple to paint that freakin displacement map
  • musashidan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    musashidan high dynamic range
    That's the way an RGB disp map is supposed to look (if you mean the colours) When you rip it out of Mari it will be greyscale. As for the diffuse map I've never seen that before. Most likely a GPU issue alright.
  • MoonCake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    its
    That's the way an RGB disp map is supposed to look (if you mean the colours) When you rip it out of Mari it will be greyscale. As for the diffuse map I've never seen that before. Most likely a GPU issue alright.

its not so clear but the disp map look like a puzzle just like the diffuse map i have no problem with the RGB disp workflow