Home Marmoset

Marmoset Freezez/Crashes when selecting the lowpoly bake folder (specific mesh)

Christoffer_Sjöström
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Christoffer_Sjöström polycounter lvl 3
Hey!

I love the Marmoset baker but I've ran into this problem multiple times and would love to find a solution for it. I can't remember if I solved it the last time or if I just baked it with another software. Anyway the problem is with some meshes Marmoset crashes when adding the mesh to the lowpoly folder in the baker and then selecting the folder.

I've checked if the mesh had any non-manifold issues, triangulated it, exported it as an obj and exported it from a new scene in maya but nothing have worked.

I've attached the mesh itself  so you could check it out yourself if you don't know the solution from the get go! https://www.dropbox.com/sh/81syv85h3zjeubt/AAAOFwqiqD8uK2Jq6NC7k14Sa?dl=0

Replies

• EarthQuake
    What version of Toolbag are you using? I believe there was a bug related to groups or other null objects that would cause a crash within the baker object, but I think that was resolved for 3.06.

We're releasing 3.07 today as well so you could try that. I tested this file in 3.06 and 3.07 and didn't see a crash in either. If you're still having issues please let me know.
  • Christoffer_Sjöström
    Offline / Send Message
    Christoffer_Sjöström polycounter lvl 3
    What version of Toolbag are you using? I believe there was a bug related to groups or other null objects that would cause a crash within the baker object, but I think that was resolved for 3.06.

We're releasing 3.07 today as well so you could try that. I tested this file in 3.06 and 3.07 and didn't see a crash in either. If you're still having issues please let me know.
    Hey, thanks for you reply and sorry for my late reply, it's been a busy few days!

I really thought I'd checked my version, but apparently not! The issue got fixed by updating, thanks! :D
  • EarthQuake

Hey, thanks for you reply and sorry for my late reply, it's been a busy few days!

I really thought I'd checked my version, but apparently not! The issue got fixed by updating, thanks! :D
    Great, I'm glad to hear that the latest version solved it, thanks for following up.
  • FedDark
    Offline / Send Message
    FedDark polycounter lvl 7
    Hi!
    Marmoset 3.07, steam.
    Reimporting fbx lowpoly with same groups seems done successfully but selecting baker folder then leads to crash.
    A couple of details: I import lowpoly in automatic way to auto hook up all groups from lowpoly and then import my highpoly meshes as multiple obj files and assign them manually. This pipeline allows me to reimport any part of meshes separately in case to fix missed little bugs and to not loose time awaiting massive huge meshes reimportation. And also to maintain my progress with skew and offset painting. 
    Earlier it worked, but broken in new versions. 
    Thanx.