Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

Review of my work

SatpreetSingh04
polycounter lvl 5
Online / Send Message
Pinned
SatpreetSingh04 polycounter lvl 5
I want a review on my work, like what do you think and what im bad at so that i can improve.

Replies

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    I want more complex stuff.  And something that isn't just a focalized still life piece, like a proper illustration or painting.  Liek you're creatively asserting something.
  • lotet
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet hero character
    Id have to agree with Panda here. these illustrations say nothing about what you wanna  do with your art career or what you want achieve. They are descent renderings or things for sure! but thats about the only thing I can say.
  • SatpreetSingh04
    Online / Send Message
    can you please elaborate that with an example. (Your Artwork that demonstrate what you wan to say).So that i can understand better.
  • lotet
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet hero character
    are you drawing for fun,  an art career or to get into entertainment media?

if your drawing for fun Id say just keep doing what your doing and dont really think about it to much. draw what you like and you will improve naturally as you go.

if your drawing for a career in fine arts, where is your passion? is drawing a napkin or a floating eye the thing that makes you most exited?  I think what Im trying to say is you should push yourself more, what about a landscape, or a whole scene? a single object floating in space is not really that interesting to look at.

if you want to get into the entertainment industry, you need to think more about design and the subject matter, just rendering something wont get you anywhere. you need to have your own ideas and designs, and preferable try to tell a story with them as well.

I hope that clarifies things a little bit.
  • SatpreetSingh04
    Online / Send Message
    lotet said:
    are you drawing for fun,  an art career or to get into entertainment media?

if your drawing for fun Id say just keep doing what your doing and dont really think about it to much. draw what you like and you will improve naturally as you go.

if your drawing for a career in fine arts, where is your passion? is drawing a napkin or a floating eye the thing that makes you most exited?  I think what Im trying to say is you should push yourself more, what about a landscape, or a whole scene? a single object floating in space is not really that interesting to look at.

if you want to get into the entertainment industry, you need to think more about design and the subject matter, just rendering something wont get you anywhere. you need to have your own ideas and designs, and preferable try to tell a story with them as well.

I hope that clarifies things a little bit.
    Thank you for your valuable answer. That clarified me..