Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

Critique on character concepts

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
YukaYaku polycounter lvl 2
I'm looking for critique on my character designs.

Kingdom hearts heartless design

Jester

Sniper Lady

Scooby-doo green ghost re-design

Cat demon?

Replies

• bystry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bystry polycounter lvl 3
    Hi, great concepts, nice characters feel finished. I would like to help you with some feedback, but you need tell more about your ideas there. Its hard to tell something about your designs without any aditional informations.
  • YukaYaku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    YukaYaku polycounter lvl 2
    bystry said:
    Hi, great concepts, nice characters feel finished. I would like to help you with some feedback, but you need tell more about your ideas there. Its hard to tell something about your designs without any aditional informations.

Hi, thank you for wanting to give me feedback. So with these pieces, I was focusing on trying to come up with designs that were more stylised, I’m influenced by things such as League of Legends, WoW and Darksiders as well as artists like Baldi Konijn and Devon Cady-lee.

My main focus right now is to try and push my ideation and make designs that are very different and unique which is an area that I feel I’m weak in.

I hope this helps you understand what my intentions are with these.

• sugunwar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sugunwar polycounter lvl 8
    Please no blood between woman character's legs. But if idea is she is mad when her period, in this case this is ok.
  • NotAMurloc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NotAMurloc polycounter lvl 4
    Really like the scooby doo ghost!
  • Stinkhorse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinkhorse polycounter lvl 12
    Nice to see you over here Yuka!
  • BradMyers82
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradMyers82 interpolator
    wow, I love these!

• floatfm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    floatfm polycounter lvl 2
    I like all of these quite a bit but I gotta say I'm in love with the first and second concepts! Really awesome work and thanks for sharing!
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think your shape language and curvature flow are very nice.

But you could work more on composition. Where do you want the viewer's eye to go first? And where should the eye move, from where to where, as it absorbs your design?

What is the most important and iconic part in each design? Adjust your colors and values to lead the eye where you wanna it to go. This will make each piece stronger, and create a more emotional response.