Home Marmoset

Why I don't get all of the details when I bake for normal map?

xS4E3Dx
node
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
xS4E3Dx node

Hello there!

So I have both HP and LP models as you can see in below:

High Poly:

Low Poly:

But when I hit "bake" and then when I hit Preview button to see the final result, I do not get most of the details in my preview:

As you can see, There is no Stripes, Helix, And those Edges at the final result!

What is the problem?!

Is sit related to my actual model that I created in 3Ds max?

High Poly:

Low Poly:

Why I don't get all of the details when I bake for normal map?

Thank you.

Replies

• final_fight
    Offline / Send Message
    final_fight polycounter lvl 9
    Maybe cage's too small, click on 'Low' to view and adjust it.
  • xS4E3Dx
    Offline / Send Message
    xS4E3Dx node

Thank you for your fast reply, And sorry for my late respond, Since I was too busy with other stuff that I've been stuck to in 3Ds max...

So as I realized I think the reason is related to UV mapping!

So I first selected everything and hit "Rescale Elements" everything seems to be normal:

And then when I hit "Pack Normalize" everything becomes super tiny instead of fit in the maximum size inside of the square!! What is the reason of this problem?

Thanks
  • EarthQuake
    xS4E3Dx said:

Thank you for your fast reply, And sorry for my late respond, Since I was too busy with other stuff that I've been stuck to in 3Ds max...

So as I realized I think the reason is related to UV mapping!

So I first selected everything and hit "Rescale Elements" everything seems to be normal:

And then when I hit "Pack Normalize" everything becomes super tiny instead of fit in the maximum size inside of the square!! What is the reason of this problem?

Thanks
    Since this appears to be a 3DS Max issue, you will be more likely to get help if you post in the Tech Talk sub-forum, or by contacting Autodesk directly.
  • xS4E3Dx
    Offline / Send Message
    xS4E3Dx node

Since this appears to be a 3DS Max issue, you will be more likely to get help if you post in the Tech Talk sub-forum, or by contacting Autodesk directly.

So it was UV problem! Some of the faces were pushed inside of the geometry, Because of chamfer on the corner (I don't know if all of this makes sense or not, Just wanted to share the solution! ;)