Home Marmoset

Marmoset Toolbag - How to export Sky/Lights/Cameras etc.

kobe_33
polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
kobe_33 polycounter lvl 7
Hi, is it possible to export objects like Sky, Lights, Fogs, Cameras etc from Marmoset Toolbag 3.06? My goal is to import them in other Marmoset Toolbag scenes. Thank you!

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is not currently possible. However, we do want to add scene merging at some point.

If you're trying to create a lighting template for new scenes, what you can do is set up a blank scene (no meshes or materials), with your lighting, and go to Edit - Templates -> Set Template Scene. These will use the scene setup you've defined when you create a new scene.
  • kobe_33
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kobe_33 polycounter lvl 7
    Thank you very much for the reply! I already knew about creating a template scene, but merging scenes was actually what I was looking for. Anyway, looking forward to the next Toolbag update :) 
  • Sidney Eliot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sidney Eliot triangle
    It's sad that isn't possible, I'm a big fan of Marmoset's Garage Ramp HDRI and would love to use it in Substance Painter so when I export the textures to Marmoset for rendering, everything looks the same. Sadly I can't seem to find a way to convert the .tbsky file to a .hdr/.exr image.

It would also be great to be able to do small tweaks to Marmoset's skies in Photoshop.

• iam717
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth
    To op's situation, i open up m3 and m4 and redo the scene copying the numbers and settings when i run into this issue, yea an export situation would be less time consuming but this is the solution for me and possibly others if no one thought about it, there it is. (export what you can, though)
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A few updates on this one, with USD in Toolbag 4.06 this is now easier.

1. You can export a copy of your scene as USD and import it into another scene
    2. USD supports all of the light types in Toolbag, including the Sky
    3. If you export USD, the sky HDRI image will be saved out - useful if you need to extract the sky to use in a different application