Home Marmoset

Normal Error

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
jayantbhatt007 polycounter lvl 5
Hi as you can see that I have high poly as well as low when I baked them in marmoset it doesn't look good. Any idea?

Replies

• zachagreg
    Offline / Send Message
    zachagreg ngon master
    Did you try to go in and paint the skew for the bake cage? Or is this without any tweaking to the cage?
  • jayantbhatt007
    Offline / Send Message
    yeah I did paint tje skew for the cage
  • Eric Chadwick
    First of all, we have a Marmoset section. I've moved your post there, from Technical Talk. You'll get more focused help if you post in the right forum for your questions.

Secondly, a good thread title will help you get answers faster. 
    https://polycount.com/discussion/63361/information-about-polycount-new-member-introductions/p1#use
    "Normal Error" isn't much help for people scanning titles to see if they can learn or help. 
    "(Toolbag) Normal bake skew errors" is a better way to summarize in your title. Helps pull people in who might have had the same problem and found solutions.

I hope these tips help you get answers to your questions, both now and for the future!
  • jayantbhatt007
    Offline / Send Message
    ok thank you so much
  • EarthQuake
    It looks like the low poly is just a flat plane? In this case there shouldn't be any need to use skew painting (or any change of behavior when you do so). Something else to try would be to make sure the cage offset distance fully covers the high poly. 

It isn't clear exactly what problem you're having with the small red circles.

For the bigger red circle, double check the high poly and make sure the geometry is correct there.
  • jayantbhatt007
    Offline / Send Message
    It looks like the low poly is just a flat plane? In this case there shouldn't be any need to use skew painting (or any change of behavior when you do so). Something else to try would be to make sure the cage offset distance fully covers the high poly. 

It isn't clear exactly what problem you're having with the small red circles.

For the bigger red circle, double check the high poly and make sure the geometry is correct there.
    for a bigger circle, it is a problem with the marmoset. I baked the same normal map in Maya it looks fine. Now for small red circle actually they are floating geometries they look weird, looks like some angle issue do you know how can I fix it?

https://polycount.com/discussion/comment/2676416#Comment_2676416     

(READ THIS THREAD ALSO)
  • EarthQuake
    Ok so it looks like a box rather than a flat plane, in which case yeah you'll want to use correct any skewing with the skew map painting feature. You can also try turning off Smooth Cage - this is generally not recommended as it can causes problems along hard edges, but you don't appear to have any detail along the edge in the high poly.

For the big circle, did you check the HP area in Toolbag to make sure it is exporting correctly? What does that area look like?

Did you try adjusting the cage offset distance?
  • jayantbhatt007
    Offline / Send Message

Ok so it looks like a box rather than a flat plane, in which case yeah you'll want to use correct any skewing with the skew map painting feature. You can also try turning off Smooth Cage - this is generally not recommended as it can causes problems along hard edges, but you don't appear to have any detail along the edge in the high poly.

For the big circle, did you check the HP area in Toolbag to make sure it is exporting correctly? What does that area look like?

Did you try adjusting the cage offset distance?
    Thanks Man you are amazing. :)