Home Freelance Job Postings

3D Modeler needed (CLOSED)

*Edited 02/26/2019 7:32 PM

Hello, I am in need of character assets for a passion project video game.

I am currently working on traditional 2D character designs that I want to be turned into usable 3D assets.

I only work part-time so I only get around $600 a month, I'm not rich.

There will be 20 Base game characters that I'm willing to pay $100 for each of them meaning the total pay will be $1900 once all are completed. (You will be payed each time one is completed or given $100 Bi-weekly until price range is met if need it be.) 

And the characters will need certain animations too, which I'm 100% willing to bargain with the cost since I know that's a lot of work. However, just know that it will take a while for you to receive a large payment and we'll have to decide on a minimum bi-weekly or monthly. (But basically I'll be indebted to you.)

It's important that I mention that I want these characters models to be similar to the character models from the online game ELSWORD.

I do want there to be DLC characters as well, so I may want to hire you again just to get the same art-style. (However I haven't drawn them out yet.)

Upon acceptance of this work you agree that you can use these assets in your portfolio, and you can redistribute them however you like, but don't use the names I've given them and if to give credit to me for designs. 

If you're interested please email me!
(Open to bargaining.) 

Aquesart@Gmail.com

Replies

• Hustic_
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hustic_ polycounter lvl 2
    Hi there, I think for the price point you are offering you may be better off looking in an asset store for character models. Usually you can find them for decent prices, somewhere closer or within your budget. Character models can take days to weeks to complete, and to commission someone to make unique character models based off of your unique design with you holding the rights exclusively is a long and expensive process. Unfortunately art is a luxury and not a necessity, so telling someone that you can't afford to pay them for their work because you don't make enough money to isn't really beneficial to you or them. You may also have better luck posting to look for partners willing to work for rev-share or collaboration, either here or on Reddit.

As for models, try this site, it may help! Good luck :)
    https://www.turbosquid.com/
  • AquesArt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hustic_ said:
    Hi there, I think for the price point you are offering you may be better off looking in an asset store for character models. Usually you can find them for decent prices, somewhere closer or within your budget. Character models can take days to weeks to complete, and to commission someone to make unique character models based off of your unique design with you holding the rights exclusively is a long and expensive process. Unfortunately art is a luxury and not a necessity, so telling someone that you can't afford to pay them for their work because you don't make enough money to isn't really beneficial to you or them. You may also have better luck posting to look for partners willing to work for rev-share or collaboration, either here or on Reddit.

As for models, try this site, it may help! Good luck :)
    https://www.turbosquid.com/
    Buying from an asset store would completely defeat the purpose of a passion project that's based around my own artwork. And on the other note, letting someone else use my designs for their personal projects also doesn't make any sense, unless we were benefiting from each-other's projects, and isn't that kinda how contract work is? Do you usually make models for people and then use them for profit outside of the contract?

Also, rev-share wouldn't make sense because I'm not profiting from the project, they wouldn't get any money from it.
  • AquesArt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

But I did edit the post, hope that makes it somewhat better?
  • Hustic_
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hustic_ polycounter lvl 2
    AquesArt said:

But I did edit the post, hope that makes it somewhat better?
    Yeah, I saw that you moved the price from $30 per model to $100 which is more reasonable :smile:

Very true about what you said about the asset store vs. your own artwork, I was simply suggesting another route based on what you could afford in attempt to help you in case you hadn't considered that as an option. As for other people using your designs, I think you misunderstood me or I miscommunicated that part. I wasn't saying other people should get to use your designs freely or sell them. I was saying partnering with someone in regards to finding someone who is also passionate about your project and story who would love to contribute as a partner for free because of their interest, as opposed to as a contractor/employee. 

I think your edits did help, so good luck going forward~!
  • ZELPAD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZELPAD polycounter lvl 5
    Is the game a 2d or 3D game? Do you Need 3d Renderings for a 2D game?
  • SashaNodia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SashaNodia polycounter lvl 5
    You should post your character sketch as an example of a concept and a screenshot of a character that you are hoping to get for $100
  • Phenakist3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Phenakist3D polycounter lvl 2
    As was stated, do you have any artwork you could upload to see the style you are going for? That helps a lot in the decision making
  • AquesArt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sorry everyone, I've been really busy with school and work, I'm working on a concept sketch right now!