Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: BootScoot

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
BootScoot polycounter lvl 10
Heya Polycount, I thought it was time to start a sketchbook. I'm Scott Pearce, known as BootScoot in these parts. I'm based in Melbourne, Australia and I've worked in games for a while now.

Here is a collection of stuff that I've worked on and am in the process of working on, most of which can be found living on my ArtStation page in some form or another. I hope to keep pushing the quality of my work so please feel free to offer feedback and suggestions.

Cheers.

Replies

• BootScoot
    Offline / Send Message
    I completed these recently - my first dabble into the world of Modo. I wanted to test out its booleans, Mesh Fusion, Round edged shader and some of the stuff that William Vaughan had come up with: specifically his MOP Booleans kit. I'd seen work by Mathew O. and Tor Frick, and thought that Modo offered some significant time saving techniques for hard-surface modelling.

I've used a bit of all of those techniques on these assets. I've yet to bake these down to make them game game ready, but will start that soon.
  • BootScoot
    Offline / Send Message
    POWERCELL AND TRANSPORT CASE

I finished these assets at the end of last year. Its part of a larger scene that I started work on, which is currently sitting in blocked out form on my hard drive. I wanted to tackle hard surface science fiction subject matter, and have a shot at some design work. I like the language and form of this stuff and thought it would be cool to have a shot at making something look cool and believable. These assets were intended as test assets, where I was trying to get the look of the materials and the potential colour scheme nailed down before moving on to the rest of the environment.

This powercell and its transport case is pretty standard scifi material. My thinking behind the design was that the front end of the case would detach and then clip back into place to hold the cell. The case can be placed on its rear to make the process easier. I wanted the powercell to resemble a battery and the transport case to look heavy duty - kinda like a toolbox on roids. In designing this stuff I did a mid poly block out first, before moving onto the highpoly.

More can be found here: Artstation

• BootScoot
    Offline / Send Message
    POWERCELL AND TRANSPORT CASE: HIGH POLY

Just a few breakdown images of the high poly models for the powercell and its case. I made the high poly meshes with the view to bake them down to low, hence the topology and edge flow could use a bit of work. I have reworked them a bit, but there are a few n-gons and the odd tri floating around on the Sub-D meshes.

More here: Artstation

• WilliamVaughan
    Offline / Send Message
    WilliamVaughan greentooth
    Really impressive work! 
  • BootScoot
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks William! Good to see you're hanging out here too!
  • BootScoot
    Offline / Send Message
    Due to a gap in freelance projects, I finally got around to making those guitar pedal shots game ready. I decided not bake the case, as I initially modelled it to give the guitar pedals some context.
    More shots can be found on my Artstation
    Feedback welcome.
  • SideEffect
    Offline / Send Message
    SideEffect polycounter lvl 19
    Those are some quality cables you got there!
  • BootScoot
    Offline / Send Message
    @SideEffect Yeah - Neutrik! They don't mess around.
  • BootScoot
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi, here is some work I recently did for Upsurge Studios for their client Davezillz and their game Pavlov VR.
    More can be found about the project on my Artstation

• BootScoot
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi, here is some more recent work that I did for Pavlov VR. It went live earlier this year. I was responsible for multiplayer level design and environment art. Not sure if it qualifies for being part of my sketch book, but I guess that's a technicality...