Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Look at all those chickens

Hello there,

First time posting anything here so I hope I put this in the right place?
I finally finished this high poly sculpt.
I felt inspired by a video of a little girl who's really impressed by a bunch of ducks. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-X4SLhorvw
In general I had a lot of fun working on this, so I hope you guys like it as well.

Any feedback is more than welcome ^-^

Replies

• Olingova
    Offline / Send Message
    Olingova interpolator
    Haha really fun inspiration, unusual but inspiration doesnt warn before hitting i guess :D Really cool sculpt so far!! I guess the only thing that's a bit difficult to read right now is the jacket's elastic part i think
  • justine_lecat
    Thanks  :) and no it doesn't  ;) i also just wanted to make a child since I had never done that before. So the choice was pretty easy.
    Anyway thank you for the feedback, I really appreciate it! 
  • Michael Knubben
    Really nice presentation! I'd take another look at some of the elements though, as they tend to be a bit mushy. What would really help is splitting things up into more subtools, like the duck's head, upper and lower beak. Then I'd split off some of the more geometric aspects (like the ends of the sleeves, the zipper) and take those into your regular modeling software to clean it up in subd modeling. That tends to be a lot easier to work with to get a clean result. The hair I'm not so sure about. I think that ropey style is something you could pull off if you'd applied a different style to everything, but now it clashes and as you look up from the rest you really expect something less chunky.
  • Alex_J
    Offline / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    My wife just showed this video to me a little while back. Very nice to see something that isn't centered on sex, violence, or a gross desire to be weird -- something simply and beautifully human.

Overall I think it's very well done but like others said, it is a bit "soft clay" looking still, but more in an unfinished way rather than a distinct style.
  • justine_lecat
    Thanks everyone for the feedback  :) I'll keep working on refining it.