Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Small Main Street Environment Done In Unity HDRP.

snoops3d
polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
snoops3d polycounter lvl 12
just  a small section of  the town that I live in, trying out the new Unity High Definition  Render Pipeline... 

Thanks for taking a look :smile:

Replies

• littleclaude
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    littleclaude quad damage
    Fantastic work. Love the intersecting brick detail on the red building, it blends really well.

Side note, In America do you have a standardised pavement slab size? I am working on a seen from New York so it would be helpful to know. I think its around 130cm?

Example - https://goo.gl/5EkvzG
  • snoops3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey thanks, I appreciate that!

If by pavement slab your referring to the sidewalk, yes I believe  they are standardized but not completely sure.. I did find this bit of info on the web

"Minimum Width of Sidewalks Sidewalks require a minimum width of 5.0 feet if set back from the curb or 6.0 feet if at the curb face. Any width less than this does not meet the minimum requirements for people with disabilities. Walking is a social activity. For any two people to walk together, 5.0 feet of space is the bare minimum. In some areas, such as near schools, sporting complexes, some parks, and many shopping districts, the minimum width for a sidewalk is 8.0 feet. Thus, any existing 4.0-foot-wide sidewalks (permitted as an AASHTO minimum) often force pedestrians into the roadway"

its came from this link 
    https://safety.fhwa.dot.gov/ped_bike/univcourse/pdf/swless13.pdf

Hope it helps 
  • purehilarity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    purehilarity polycounter lvl 6
    Is this Philadelphia?? Looks a lot like my brother's old shop.
  • snoops3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    no its actually norman oklahoma 
  • oraeles77
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oraeles77 polycounter lvl 4
    when  you make stuff like this, do you make it in your 3d application arrange it there, and export everything as one blob/object/mesh, with multiple mateirals or do you arrange it all in Unity? with the shops are they 3 seperatate meshes or just one? and are the brick textures one large 4k map or are they a tiled pattern?
  • littleclaude
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    littleclaude quad damage
    snoops3d said:
    Hey thanks, I appreciate that!

If by pavement slab your referring to the sidewalk, yes I believe  they are standardized but not completely sure.. I did find this bit of info on the web

"Minimum Width of Sidewalks Sidewalks require a minimum width of 5.0 feet if set back from the curb or 6.0 feet if at the curb face. Any width less than this does not meet the minimum requirements for people with disabilities. Walking is a social activity. For any two people to walk together, 5.0 feet of space is the bare minimum. In some areas, such as near schools, sporting complexes, some parks, and many shopping districts, the minimum width for a sidewalk is 8.0 feet. Thus, any existing 4.0-foot-wide sidewalks (permitted as an AASHTO minimum) often force pedestrians into the roadway"

its came from this link 
    https://safety.fhwa.dot.gov/ped_bike/univcourse/pdf/swless13.pdf

Hope it helps 

Thanks for the update 😁
  • snoops3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oraeles77 said:
    when  you make stuff like this, do you make it in your 3d application arrange it there, and export everything as one blob/object/mesh, with multiple mateirals or do you arrange it all in Unity? with the shops are they 3 seperatate meshes or just one? and are the brick textures one large 4k map or are they a tiled pattern?
    " when  you make stuff like this, do you make it in your 3d application arrange it there, and export everything as one blob/object/mesh":   Its  a little bit of both, objects that dont repeat I tend to arrange in 3ds Max, so the 3 buildings, side walk they sit on and for repetitive objects ie chairs, street lights/lamps  etc I populate in unity.  Usually its a better idea to populate repetitive geo in engine because you are using instances of the original geo which more performance friendly.

"
    are the brick textures one large 4k map or are they a tiled pattern": the bricks are using a layered material that allows me to blend 3 to 4 tiling textures using blend masks that are contained in the RGB channels of a targa file.