Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Z06 Stingray Vehicle.

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Stranger polycounter lvl 5

Switched to Blender for the cost of it, and picked up CGMaster's Car Creation tutorial by the boss man Chris.
Got through it, and here we are. Rendered in Cycles, modeled with Blender.

Would recommend the tutorial, his method for automotives is awesome and really helps getting the crisp reflections between multiple panels.

Replies

• Stranger
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Getting ready to send this off and work on some other projects.

• Michalo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Michalo polycounter lvl 2
    Wow man. Amazing car. Can you show some wires? I love the 3rd render. Great shot.
  • defragger
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    defragger sublime tool
    awesome work!
    If you want to improve it further. On the third render the brake calliper doesnt rotate with the wheel and is placed behind the brake disc.
    Also the front wheel is way to big.When you look at the gap between the front fender and the top of the wheel ... there would be literally no suspension travel. Another small thing I noticed is that the brake discs and callipers front and rear are pretty much the same which is not the case on a corvette. The callipers are smaller in the rear.
    Also sportscars are usually slanted to the front to improve aerodynamics. It also looks cool :) so I suggest to lower the ride height in the front a little bit.

Another important detail:
    The turning axis of the front wheels is perpendicular to the ground right now which makes the front wheels look a bit odd. Try to lean the turning axis backwards.

It is kind of hard to see on this image but I hope you know what I mean:

This is much more over exaggerated of course:

• McGergs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    McGergs polycounter lvl 9
    Loving this. Going to have to go check out that tutorial.
  • Stranger
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    defragger said:
    awesome work!
    If you want to improve it further. On the third render the brake calliper doesnt rotate with the wheel and is placed behind the brake disc.
    Also the front wheel is way to big.When you look at the gap between the front fender and the top of the wheel ... there would be literally no suspension travel. Another small thing I noticed is that the brake discs and callipers front and rear are pretty much the same which is not the case on a corvette. The callipers are smaller in the rear.
    Also sportscars are usually slanted to the front to improve aerodynamics. It also looks cool :) so I suggest to lower the ride height in the front a little bit.

Another important detail:
    The turning axis of the front wheels is perpendicular to the ground right now which makes the front wheels look a bit odd. Try to lean the turning axis backwards.

It is kind of hard to see on this image but I hope you know what I mean:

This is much more over exaggerated of course:

Hey, thanks for the detailed reply. I didn't pick up the caliper issue at all; forgot to turn on the mirror modifier.
    Also, never noticed the tire axis on the references, I'm a fool. Thanks!   

• sacboi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sacboi high dynamic range

Excellent!...just now peep'd this front page, you've definitely got some wicked precision going on there and yep Chris Plush is a class A surfacing demigod. I remember doing one of his earlier tutes a few years ago, think it was a Camaro or something.

Cheers.