Home Career & Education

someone wants me to do several weeks worth of 3d work for them, should I have a contract written up?

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
oraeles77 polycounter lvl 4
a 'creative person' (not a game industry person which is actually what Im aiming for career wise) has asked me to do some 3d work for them. I've worked out it would take me 7 weeks to complete, however this could be a bit longer depending on their whims etc.

For me, this would be full time and it would get in the way of my own work/study etc, so I consider this work a bit of a burden.

I haven't given them the price I would charge.  Originally I was thinking  £250, however I realised this is below minimum wage, which is around   £299 per week in the UK. A professional photographer said I should ask for   £150 minimum a day (which seems a bit excessive, but i guess Im new to this).

finally, my friend the photographer insisted I should write up a contract myself and ask the 'creative person' to sign it.

the contract should cover...

Copyright

Use by licence holder

Third party usage

Payment

Rejection

Extra models

Credit

can anyone think of anything else? I'm new to stuff like this and I'd rather make sure I'm protect with a sign contract before I begin work.

Replies