Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

The last two weeks I made some vases...

Replies

• BestiART
    Offline / Send Message
    BestiART polycounter lvl 7
    hey Oraeles! would be great to see them in zbrush, can you post more images? maybe rendered but with different lights to see them better :)
  • oraeles77
    Offline / Send Message
    oraeles77 polycounter lvl 7
    BestiART said:
    hey Oraeles! would be great to see them in zbrush, can you post more images? maybe rendered but with different lights to see them better :)
    did you see the artstation link?

its got a turntable.

and the ming vase...

• kwagner
    Offline / Send Message
    kwagner polycounter lvl 7
    The blue is a tad too saturated in my opinion. You could pull it back just a little and it would still look just as nice, just not as blinding.

They look awesome though! Did you do the dragons as a height stamp in painter or sculpt them in ZBrush?
  • oraeles77
    Offline / Send Message
    oraeles77 polycounter lvl 7
    kwagner said:
    The blue is a tad too saturated in my opinion. You could pull it back just a little and it would still look just as nice, just not as blinding.

They look awesome though! Did you do the dragons as a height stamp in painter or sculpt them in ZBrush?
    thank you, in the final output, (the ming vase was substance designer) if I remember correctly, the height map itself was very mild, but I used it for an ao map which was used to give that slight dark fade around the blue glaze. I found that if the blue was exaggerated to much with a height map it looked really bad. the blue color itself was pretty hard to nail down as the blue/white ming porcelin can have really lucid tones of blue which capture the light and scatter it, it what makes them so desirable.