Home Marmoset

Anisotropic Hair

polycounter
Offline / Send Message
HarlequinWerewolf polycounter
Hey! I got Marmoset for Christmas and have been playing about with it with a new project. I want to try anisotropic hair but I'm just not getting the "banding" that I expect. I followed this video on how to set up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiSxVZER_ls And I made the flow map in Krita painting in the direction the hair should flow but I'm not sure where I've gone wrong?

I know there are some things in the normal that need cleaned up but I don't think they're enough to not be getting the results I want :/

Replies

• Greg_X
    The secondary reflections intensity does not behave like the specular strength. Think of it as a scale factor of the specular strength. 0.035 x 0.14 = 0.0049. Try to increase it to 1.0. The secondary glossiness is a scale factor of the roughness. For troubleshooting purposes, deactivate your roughness map and set roughness to 0.5. Then try different glossiness values for secondary reflection. 
  • HarlequinWerewolf
    Offline / Send Message
    HarlequinWerewolf polycounter
    Thanks so much! I'm getting much better results now and I think I'll be playing with this for a little while :D