Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UE4][Wip] Modular Palace Dungeon B

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Forest_Cat polycounter lvl 6
I've been working on another modular dungeon for some time now. Compared to the previous project, I made it very difficult to add vertex painting blend and parallax occlusion. There will be a lot more props.
This time the main source of inspiration was Gothic architecture and Witcher 3. 
Key references:

Here's what's at the moment:

Replies

• Ashervisalis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
    Are those bricks a material, or meshes? It looks good so far, but the bricks don't really match the vibe of your references.
  • Forest_Cat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Forest_Cat polycounter lvl 6
    @Ashervisalis It's a material. The depth effect is achieved thanks to Parallax occlusion. Variations of color, roughness and damage are added using vertex painting blend. 

Initially I wanted to make the walls of large stone blocks, but it turned out that it looks not very cool. Gradually reducing the size of the stone blocks I got this. 
    In fact, I have quite a few references. Maybe even too much. And one of them has a similar wall. But the similarity is not complete. 
    In the process I will modify the materials. So the final result may be quite different from what is now.