Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Realistic Character Model WIP

Douthwaite_Simon
polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Douthwaite_Simon polycounter lvl 2
As part of my university final project, one of the characters I'm working on is a re-imagining of the X-Men character Magneto to fit the Marvel Cinematic Universe. So far, I'm just sculpting the head, using Colin Farrell as my reference. I'm currently at a point where I feel that there are still issues before I add details, but not sure where right now. Here's where I'm at right now, I'm also including a couple of time-lapse GIFs to show my progress with the head. 

All feedback is welcome and appreciated. I'll keep updating this as I go along

Replies

• carvuliero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    carvuliero hero character
    I suggest you find a skull references and use that to fix your guy underlying structure like forehead jaw and so on

• Douthwaite_Simon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Douthwaite_Simon polycounter lvl 2
    I suggest you find a skull references and use that to fix your guy underlying structure like forehead jaw and so on 
    Hey, thanks for the feedback. I've been busy lately with university assignments so haven't been able to reply but here's where I'm at so far. I've looked at references as well as your feedback annotations, and here's where I'm at so far.
    I've also added the hair and eyebrows to give better shape, and to help me point out any further issues.

As far as I can see, I've still got a bit to go with the forehead, and make sure that the eyebrows are brought out further, and the nose is too big and needs to be moved in a bit
  • artofmars
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    artofmars polycounter lvl 9
    Make sure your face planes are accurate before you start going into the detail phase. 
    Always use this as your guide and youll never go wrong.