Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Pandaren fan art

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
JesusOrgaz polycounter lvl 2
Hi guys!

Im doing a bust of a Pandaren for improve my portfolio, I found this concept on internet and i decided to do it, the creator of the concept is @koettboid on Twitter. 
And this is my actual progress, all feedback is welcome!!!

Replies

• akiratang
    Offline / Send Message
    akiratang polycounter lvl 11
    That looks pretty good!
    Followed the concept pretty nicely. I would probably take a look at the ears some more, and adjust the shape and that sharp line along the ear to smooth it out some. 
    Cant wait to see it coloured!
  • JesusOrgaz
    Offline / Send Message
    akiratang said:
    That looks pretty good!
    Followed the concept pretty nicely. I would probably take a look at the ears some more, and adjust the shape and that sharp line along the ear to smooth it out some. 
    Cant wait to see it coloured!
    Thanks for your comment! hope you like the retouches i have been doing today!

• JesusOrgaz
    Offline / Send Message
    Little Update! i need feedback guys 
  • Torch
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator

Cool work man, looking good. You could do a few things to bring it closer to concept.

- On the concept itself the jaw/muzzle of the head is pulled a little further forward.

- The hair shapes you have on the beard look cool but generally the gaps inbetween are a bit lumpy, you could have sharper transitions between shapes like the concept if you sculpted each 'hair chunk' as separate subtools.

- The base of the hair bun and ponytail itself could be given more volume/length to match the concept. Also you could round out the skull shape a little more instead of having it that angular. 

- Lastly the hair braid itself in the concept is a lot smaller, like a third of the size you've sculpted, you could size that down to make it a little more stylized.

Looks sweet though, can't wait to see it come together!

• JesusOrgaz
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch said:

Cool work man, looking good. You could do a few things to bring it closer to concept.

- On the concept itself the jaw/muzzle of the head is pulled a little further forward.

- The hair shapes you have on the beard look cool but generally the gaps inbetween are a bit lumpy, you could have sharper transitions between shapes like the concept if you sculpted each 'hair chunk' as separate subtools.

- The base of the hair bun and ponytail itself could be given more volume/length to match the concept. Also you could round out the skull shape a little more instead of having it that angular. 

- Lastly the hair braid itself in the concept is a lot smaller, like a third of the size you've sculpted, you could size that down to make it a little more stylized.

Looks sweet though, can't wait to see it come together!

Wow, your feedback has been so useful to me! thanks a lot! 
    Today i only could spent 1 hour on improve the model, but i think looks better... the hair braid was enormous! And now the beard is more similar to the concept...i reotuched the muzzle and other things

Again, thanks Torch!

• Torch
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    He looks badass, nice job :) Lets see some polypaint on there!

If I had one more crit to make, and its quite picky, do with it what you will - the plane changes on the face seem more angular in the concept, I noticed on your sculpt the transition of the muzzle to cheek is kinda soft, this can be straightened out a bit to be more in line with the concept. Apart from that seems like you're nailing it, nice one :)

• JesusOrgaz
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks again, Torch, your feedback is great and very helpful for me. I did some changes on the mouth and the scars of the dakness part of the head.

I dont what can i do with the part behind the beard...maybe must i do details? just like now???

• Torch
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    If you want to make a full bust, I would turn that back subtool you highlighted into a subtle hint of neck/shoulders, making them quite burly as Pandaren's tend to be. You should check out the WoW model viewer (can't link it in here in case I'm breaching some kinda copyright,) but its great for viewing some of the in-game models. 

Also I'd recommend trying out some coloring on your sculpt now even if its just subtle shading/block colors, color on a sculpt can give you a good idea of how close your piece is coming to the concept itself. Nice one :)
  • JesusOrgaz
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi guys, sorry for the ausence of this days, i have a lot of work and i cant progress with the model... 
    My next goals gonna be:
     Polypaint of the Sculpt to get a better view before the retopology 

Retopology in 3DsMax

Textures on substance painter or 3d coat... I dont know what software is better for this model...
    C&c always welcome! 😀 
  • marco_3D_artist
    Offline / Send Message
    marco_3D_artist polycounter lvl 5
    That'so amazing!!  
  • Torch
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    Looking forward to it matey. If you're just looking to do a diffuse only model then I would go with 3DC. If you wanna PBR it and make it look nice and lit, then better to go Substance, imo. Enjoy
  • JesusOrgaz
    Offline / Send Message

Thanks for all guys! This a quickly polypaint on zbrush, very quick
  • JesusOrgaz
    Offline / Send Message
    ready for retopology!
  • JesusOrgaz
    Offline / Send Message

working on the retopology...the fur are doing the process slow...Im using 3DSMax
  • JesusOrgaz
  • JesusOrgaz
  • JesusOrgaz
    Offline / Send Message
    so confused with the background!
  • JesusOrgaz
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks to all the people of the forum for the help! @akiratang this is the final result, for more images this is my Artstation! 

https://www.artstation.com/jesusorgaz