Home Technical Talk

[Zbrush] Sculpting tileable textures

voronov.art
polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
voronov.art polycounter lvl 10
Greetings everyone.

I'm doing this method to get tiling while sculpting:
Turn on WrapMode for each brush and sculpt. The green polygroup will be the result, a square texture. Anyway...when I sculpt using different brushes in the end I have blobby and curved wireframe so it makes me hard to bake texture from the green PG. The question is - how to avoid this from being happen? I need the edges of green PG to be strict and hard.

Replies

• m4dcow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    m4dcow interpolator
    Even though the wireframe is blobby and curved you should still be able to bake a tiling map since the "blobby and curved" wireframe should be offset the same amount. Just make sure your low poly plane is the same size as the original green area and it should bake fine. There is a better way to setup a tiling plane in Zbrush though, because with that amount of padding to make the wrap mode work, it is a bit more resource hungry than it should be. When i get home I'll post a little tutorial of how to make one.
  • voronov.art
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    voronov.art polycounter lvl 10
    That'd be great if you share a better way to do this. I bake textures inside Zbrush using the canvas and a low poly pre-made plane that is floating behind that green area. For some reason I still have to deal with edge seams that I fix later in PS and this is the extra step I'd like to avoid.
  • m4dcow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    m4dcow interpolator
    So this is pretty jumbled up since I didn't have much time, let me know if I missed something in here.