Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Stylised Chest

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
LaughingLad polycounter lvl 3
Hi everyone. Just finished off another little asset for sculpting practice, this time a stylised treasure chest. Trying to get a bit faster in ZBrush and use some different techniques. I imagined this asset would be used in a fairly zoomed in top-down game, like HOTS or something similar.

Any feedback would be amazing! Thanks.

Replies

• MorbidPandaUK
    Offline / Send Message
    MorbidPandaUK polycounter lvl 2
    Nice, that's an interesting cartoony style you've got going there! I like how it looks like it's about to burst, I can imagine it giving a whole lot of loot in a game!

The only things I'd personally change are reducing how shiny the model is, or at least the wooden part since I think that would naturally look a bit rougher, and changing the keyhole's colour to a darker version of the metal's colour, instead of the rusty red you chose there. Though either of those criticisms could come down to personal preference, as you're not going for realism.  
  • LaughingLad
    Offline / Send Message
    LaughingLad polycounter lvl 3
    Thanks for the feedback, your comments were spot on. I toned down the reflection on the wood so it pops much more against the metal now. The darker keyhole draws more attention now too which I like a lot. I updated the OP with the changes. Cheers! 
  • MorbidPandaUK
    Offline / Send Message
    MorbidPandaUK polycounter lvl 2
    I'm glad I could help!  :)