Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Character WIP

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
AshishVerma polycounter lvl 8

update

A W.I.P. of a character i am working on these days, comments and critiques are most welcome.

Replies

• carvuliero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    carvuliero hero character
    Elbow looks broken to me , if you are not sure about the pose use mirror see if you can take the pose
    Bottom edge of pecs are too round => try diagonal from the middle to the side of the rib cage then another diagonal to the arm  , lateral sides of the torso are too even give it more flavor on the top [serratus anterior and latissimus dorsi],height of gluts is a bit too much ,triceps have weird orientation , check your scapula shape

• AshishVerma
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @carvuliero thanks a lot for the comment and I agree on most of the stuff you pointed out there, regarding the pecs I give a bit credit to my reference and at this stage I was just looking at the reference and trying to sculpt it somewhere close to it and relying on my knowledge on the anatomical side. From this point onward I am going to use some solid anatomical references and amalgamate that to this sculpt to refine it further. Thanks for pointing out the mistakes as I'll focus more on those areas on the coming stages. 
    reference:

• Stefmon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stefmon polycounter lvl 7
    Hey, that's a cool sculpt! 
    I think carvuliero is right about the arm, it does look a little off. It's slightly misaligned. The direction of the upper arm should be in line with the wrist. Check out the draw over below. Also the buttocks may be too clenched. That indent on the side of the buttocks/leg seems too strong. You can fill it in with muscle and fat.
    One other thing which I'm not too certain about is the length of the pelvis. The torso seems a little too long from the front. On some anatomy books the pelvis only goes down to halfway of the buttocks. The penis makes the pelvis seem lower in reference. You could sculpt the pelvis' actual length, then adding a landmark for the penis. 
    (throw in a side view next time :open_mouth: )

• AshishVerma
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Stefmon thanks for the comment and the draw overs, regarding the pelvis i actually did sculpt it higher but later decided to put some indication of pubic area, if you notice closely the lower abdominal and pubic area is not a straight single plane but there's a plane break indicating the pelvis and yes i agree that the butt looks clenched and flat , definitely going to work on that. Thanks again for your valuable suggestions, appreciate it. here's a side view of the same :wink:

• AshishVerma
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

A little update
  • AshishVerma
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A new character w.i.p

• AshishVerma
    Options