Home Technical Talk

Blender convert hair particles to mesh problem.

quad damage
Offline / Send Message
kanga quad damage
Hi!
Blender 2.79.
Created a plane. Scaled and oriented it, zeroed out the scale and rotation. Created some hair strands from the plane. I want to  edit the strands by hand (so to speak). When I hit convert I get a mesh object that is empty. I cant see or select it even in wire mode. The mesh appears in the scene list but appears empty. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• RN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RN sublime tool
    I tried hitting Alt + C to bring up the "Convert to" popup and selected "Mesh from Curve/Meta/Surf/Text", and got the same as you.

Then I remembered that Particles also exist as a modifier. If you go to the modifiers tab you can find the modifier(s) for your hair particles with a Convert button, it does what you're after.
  • kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    Hey RN thanks for the reply! Yeah I did that. I found out what was wong. Each time I converted Blender sent the conversion to a different layer. Doh! Its working just fine now thanks :smile:
  • pum__pum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey could you post how you solved this I'm stuck and I'm a noob 
  • kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    Hi pum_pum.
    2.79 is a while ago. Dont remember exactly what I was doing then. Probably messing with hair cards. Blender 2.9 uses the outliner but I think there are layers in there somewhere. What I had was on another layer, so probably search there.