Home Quixel Megascans

Solved: 3DO - Black Triangles on mesh

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Lukebryan101 polycounter lvl 5
Hi

So this morning im having a few issues with my mesh in Quxiel 3DO. So basically ive triangulated my mesh etc and then bought it into Quxiel 3DO and im still getting these black artifacts some of them in places that make no sense as i can see there is a perfectly good tri there.

Any idea what could be going wrong or what i could be doing wrong?

Thanks

Replies

• Lukebryan101
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi

So this morning im having a few issues with my mesh in Quxiel 3DO. So basically ive triangulated my mesh etc and then bought it into Quxiel 3DO and im still getting these black artifacts some of them in places that make no sense as i can see there is a perfectly good tri there.

Any idea what could be going wrong or what i could be doing wrong?

Thanks
    Oh and just for note i have baked all my maps out perfectly in Marmoset Toolbag everything looks amazing. Was ready to texture it so i duplicated my mesh in max and triangulated one to bring into Quixel ready for texturing. I've never had this issue before.
  • Lukebryan101
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Managed to get it sorted with these OBJ export settings. I upped the precision to 6 and that seemed to fix it. very odd

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    One thing to note, Quixel is our company, not our product. 3DO only throws that black error when meshes have no UVs. The precision was likely not high enough for a floating point UV interpolation by the software. Glad to see you've resolved it!