Home Technical Talk

Part of the nCloth following a part of the model when simulating

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
bybyle polycounter lvl 4
Hello its me again,

What could cause the trench (ncloth)'s Bottom to follow and being stuck to the leg?

Idk what setting should I change to correct that !

Anyone have an idea? 

Thanks !

Replies

• throttlekitty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Is this pure ncloth or are you also using joints or a wrap or anything?

Start with collision thickness, but it seems to look good around the thighs. If this is a fast movement, maybe look into bumping up collision iterations and step size(I think that's the name, I don't have maya open right now). Also check that your simulation scale is properly set if you haven't already.
  • bybyle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bybyle polycounter lvl 4
    Hey thanks for the answer,
    It is pure ncloth, do you think a wrap first could help?

I looked around every options, everything seems fine, It looks like thèses vertexes are skinned ith the leg, and it doesnt happen everytime the leg goes that way on the run cycle . (pretty fast movement)
  • throttlekitty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    If you're already using skinning, stick with that instead of moving to a wrap.

For fast movements, iteration and step are important, remember that you can keyframe these values to bump them up when this sort of thing happens. The short version is that in the frame(s) where things are getting stuck, Maya is balancing speed versus processing time, some vertices don't get properly resolved as a result.

You might want to do some searches along the lines of "maya ncloth penetration", you might pick up some good tricks digging through an old thread or two.