Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UE4] Ready for Adventure - Environment

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
RobeOmega polycounter lvl 10
I have started a new environment based on the piece "Ready for Adventure" by Oliver Guiney.

Concept:

I am mostly basing my environment off this piece, however I will be making deviations here and there depending on what I feel looks good in engine. I have currently just got basic models, lighting and colours in. I will have the various items that clutter the desks soon and hopefully some more of the major details on the models before I start on modelling the props to their final standard.

Replies

• Doxturtle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Doxturtle polycounter lvl 8
    The back of your chair looks a tad squashed, it could do with being a bit taller. The right side bookcase needs to be a bit taller too
  • RobeOmega
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I have made various proportion changes as well as adding more of the clutter to the scene and improving some of the meshes that were previously there.
    I still have some more clutter to add around the place. (especially on the desks)
    The wood texture is just placeholder for the minute.

• RobeOmega
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sorry for the length of time between updates, looking to make more progress on this soon. Between now and then I have made several changes such as proportions and lighting. The lighting is not final by any means, but is much closer to what I want. I have made progress towards the final version of some things in the scene, but I will likely tweak and change them later when needed. I hope to make the wall texture and the ceiling texture soon.

• RobeOmega
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Managed to make some more progress on this, it is getting there but it still needs a fair amount of work, both in improving and further completing the existing assets and adding new ones. Getting the clutter around the desks should be a big improvement to the scene. This project has mostly taken the back foot as I am hard at work on other project for my degree. But around May/June i should have the time to go back and really polish and finish this for my portfolio.

The elk head is from a UE4 Marketplace pack and is placeholder

• Carabiner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Carabiner greentooth
    This looks very nice - keep at it!!
  • Taylor Brown
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Taylor Brown ngon master
    Gorgeous so far