Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Cyberpunk Sci-Fi Alleyway

triangle
Offline / Send Message
STFvfx triangle

Worked on this for a couple weeks.. Every aspect by me..
Done with Maya, Quixel Mixer/Substance Painter/Photoshop & V-Ray

Clay Render:

I'm open to feedback and critique and would be very happy about any comments from the community!

Replies

• FreneticPonies
    Offline / Send Message
    FreneticPonies polycounter lvl 3
  • Fabi_G
    Offline / Send Message
    Fabi_G insane polycounter
    Hey STFvfx, that's a nice scene :) Here is what I think can be improved:

- Most potential is in the lighting. Adding some light-sources and have them react with the scene can give more depth and help readability.
    - Most of the robots seem to have the same very shiny material. You could assign different materials to get more variations there (also in the way they react to light).
    - Elements orthogonal to the alley can assist the perspective and add some detail to the big concrete shapes. 
    - Check scaling: Bottle-crates in the middle look relatively big, sign could be bigger (it's supposed to advertise I think).
    - break up strict alignment of elements (chairs, water-bottles).

here is a paint-over to show what I mean

• Gam3B0y
    Offline / Send Message
    Gam3B0y polycounter lvl 3
    looks soo awesome!! 
    maybe we should put my character in your envoirment (when I'll finish her) ))
    (i'm also doying Cyberpunk-esque character)
  • STFvfx
    Offline / Send Message
    STFvfx triangle
    Fabi_G said:

- Most potential is in the lighting. Adding some light-sources and have them react with the scene can give more depth and help readability.
    - Most of the robots seem to have the same very shiny material. You could assign different materials to get more variations there (also in the way they react to light).
    - Elements orthogonal to the alley can assist the perspective and add some detail to the big concrete shapes. 
    - Check scaling: Bottle-crates in the middle look relatively big, sign could be bigger (it's supposed to advertise I think).

Thank you for the criticism. Ill definitly keep that in mind for the next time.
  • STFvfx
    Offline / Send Message
    STFvfx triangle
    Fabi_G said:

Thank you for the criticism. Ill definitly keep that in mind for the next time.