Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Yuri

null
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Yuri10k null

(Tutorial I followed to create this render: https:// youtu.be/A-oPiP3t8-k)

This will be the digital sketchbook I would love to post in almost everyday to not only show my work but also my fears, doubts and epiphanies.

I would love to get critiques and reviews to my work in this sketchbook since my goals are hard to achieve and I wish to become the utter best I can. 

Thanks for giving it a look and stay safe.

Replies

• Yuri10k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yuri10k null
    So after working for 10 hours non stop I have to admit I was exhausted but happy with what I had created yesterday on the 19th of August. I had created an account here the day before that and was now excited to start posting things online.

I was however quite tired and confused about my own 3D Artist path as well so I decided to ask a question that I found, today, had been answered by some really cool folk here in Polycount which filled me with determination to continue on my path and ask more questions around the site when I felt lost and questioning how to move from where I am.

Here are some of the 3D Work I've been doing.
    Feel free to critique and comment as you like since I would love to get direction to some of the things I'm currently doing.
    The tutorials I followed, if I did, will be included in the day I created the model.

I started working with Blender and Unreal again on the 5th of August of 2018
    Days I showed in this post: August_5,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19

Aug5_2108
    - AnimeCharacterTutorial_ youtu.be/5Xuf6ODN_xY
    Me: "So alt+G centers anything in blender. ... ... I think I want to punch a wall."

Aug9_2108
    - WaterAnimationTutorial_youtu.be/xIxUZpRk4Ac
    Me: "I am in love with 3D modeling in UE4~! And I only did a pinball."

Aug10_2018
    - SofaLeatherTutorial_youtu.be/5YFjCffcM-w

Aug11_2018
    - TowelTutorial_youtu.be/PEpsN1-W-Qw
    I actually had a problem with this. I couldn't remove the small vector that had
    particles in it above the towel. QA: If anyone knows why I couldn't select it no
    matter what I did in Blender I would love to know. (I used the weight paint to
    hang the towel when performing the physics simulation.

Aug12_2018
    - CarpetTutorial_youtu.be/kv_E-MW4LSI

Aug13_2018
    - FlowerTutorial_youtu.be/A-oPiP3t8-k

Aug14_2018
    - FlowerTutorial_Finished
    I learned how to render only one small part of an image so I was very happy I
    did this tutorial not to mention working with particles in different ways as well.
    The final Render needed a bit more work so that the petals wouldn't appear
    to be detached from the flower's center. However, at this point in time I was
    already somewhat tired from all the particle tweeking since I had made a lot
    of mistakes in the beginning.

Aug15_2018
    - Uploaded some old Artwork I had created back in April/May.
    An Archviz from the tutorial:
    - UdemyUnrealEngineCourse_https://www.udemy.com/share/10027MAEMacFdUQng=/

Aug16_2018
    Finished up some ground tesselation and started adding more detail to the grass material.

Aug17_2018
    - I nearly went one day without making an upload, which made me really sad and
    concerned. So instead what I did that day was start a small comic that right now I
    call: "I can only hope "Youper" can help". Youper is an app that helps people deal
    with their emotions and day to day life and it had really helped me when I was
    feeling down. In the beginning the comic had no name but after the ending pannel
    of this first one, that's what I decided to call it.

Aug18_2018

Aug19_2018
    Having in accoutn how unproductive the previous day had been, I sure made it
    up for with this day in whichI worked for 10 hours in one go to finish up this part
    of the tutorial and get to the part I really really wanted to go to! Having a movable
    character I could use.

And today is August 20. Sadly I had to take care of very important issues related
    to my University and still didn't have much time to get to work since I wanted to get
    this post out and about. I also took a plane today at 5am to Lisbon so I guess that's it for now.

If you want to check more of my stuff out feel free to give it a look here in my facebook. The work I've been doing is set to public. https://www.facebook.com/catarina.moreira.93

• Yuri10k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yuri10k null
    Ah... Sadly making a long post isn't always fun and doesn't always look the best which made me a bit sad. However it is done. That's for sure.
    I wonder what I'll be posting over here today.
  • Yuri10k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yuri10k null
    So my longer post with my artwork seems to have been sent for review and I decided to post a new one only with the best finished work from the past few weeks.

This last one I still have questions about. Still not sure how I can move the Zsheres and have them keep the same size like for the legs, for example. The hand is something I didn't see a tutorial for but I'm pretty sure I should've just normally sculpted without creating Zspheres.
    Critiques are welcomed.

• Mohamed_Salah_Bchir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mohamed_Salah_Bchir polycounter lvl 5
    https://youtu.be/FtEjaaTIU5M

Michael Pavlovich usually covers everything you need to know about ZBrush, I recommend him.

• Yuri10k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yuri10k null
    https://youtu.be/FtEjaaTIU5M

Michael Pavlovich usually covers everything you need to know about ZBrush, I recommend him.

Thanks Mohamed. Just saw the video and my biggest question was definitely the use of W to pulling things out with the same size. This was such a HUGE help! Thanks!

Right now I'm currently trying to start a personal project in Unreal and eveythingafter that will be a result of me needing and wanting meshes for that game I'll be developping :o Do you have any experience with Unreal Engine?

I'll be posting some new stuff today so if you want I'd love to hear more from you :)
    Thanks for passing by.

• Yuri10k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yuri10k null
    Today I would like to start working on two things I said I was going to work on and later I would like to try and do something else.
    Although they look somewhat basic to me at this point the first video from CGCookie about the Donut and the anvil look interesting and have taught me something I still didn't know how to use. The spacebar, ironically.
    Having that said I will start using this sketchbook far more often now than before. I hope for your continued support and I hope you will find value in the creations and tutorials I will post about in here.
  • Yuri10k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yuri10k null
    I decided to start working in blender again after finishing up what I did and deciding where I would be uploading my work online to artstation.

Although I don't feel there's a need to share this part, here's my progress for today.

I learned how to use the spacebar to search blender for the name of options I might not be able to easily find otherwise.
    I learned how to use an array and how to create some small animations.
    Understood just how important having a surprise at the end of a practice was. I'm planning on doing this by practicing by myself on something I wish.
    Until then. :smile:
  • Yuri10k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yuri10k null
    Today I decided to give myself some time to grow slowly. I decided to do a small test of my level by doing a test using blender and zbrush.
    I took some reference photos I wanted to sculpt from scratch but without following a tutorial... Wow x) It was fun and interesting but from a perspective of an artist, a true disaster that was awesome as a current benchmark.

I'm currently finishing out still what I want to do but I'm still working on finding out what I truly wish to do.
    One thing I decided to do today was create a Pinterest board with the name "What I demand of myself" and one named "What I will not accept.".

If anyone wants to help with that I'll be super happy.
    As for today, here is what I did. Not a lot but I did question some important things today... I'll have to check how to better sculpt in Zbrush tomorrow since I could even get a pic of what I was doing (barely anything) since I couldn't get the program to start working.

Reference Image when I worked in blender. (Protect your eyes for my work int he second pic)

I was planning on starting to retopologize everything starting with a small plane but then I remembered I could've used a reference image in the BG and just use ctrl+click to create a vertice and "draw the face and then extrude. Similar to hair. Sadly I did and still want the freedom and feeling of sculpting on the mesh I have.

Reference image for when I was working in Zbrush. Got the zpheres to work. Accidentally deleted everything. Started working again with a mannequin. Closed Zbrush without saving.

• Yuri10k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yuri10k null
    Worked on this yesterday.
    If you believe I could make something better in this drawing, I'd like to know what it is.