Home Marmoset

Multiple UVs Unwraps on Single Mesh

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
dang87 polycounter lvl 12
I have a character I unwrapped into 2 meshes: symmetrical and unique pieces.
Now, I've rigged and skinned it for the most part and began playing around with poses (and hopefully later an idle animation). But it's a single mesh now and when I apply the textures, it's a no go with them unaligned and overlapping. How do I get around this? Did I go about it the wrong way from the get go? The closest thing I could find to my problem is this thread:

But, I'm not fully understanding it....

Replies

• Alex_J
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    Newest update of Toolbag has multiple material support per mesh. In the baking menu, you just click the box (multiple texture sets or something like that), pretty self explanatory from there. 

So you set materials in your 3d app by UV shell or however you prefer. They can all go in the 0-1 space, just hide the ones belonging to one material to easily work on the other's layout. 

Is that what you were getting at?

Multiple texture sets -- automatically picks up all materials assigned to the meshes in the baker. Outputs maps per each. For instance, I've got a characters head and body separated into different materials, as well as the clothes, although it's all combined in a single mesh.