Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UE4] Australian Bushranger Project

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
Benvox2 polycounter lvl 10
Hi guys,

I am gradually working my own project on the side which is set in nineteenth century Australia during the height of the gold rush and bushranging period. (Bushrangers are basically Australia's version of American Outlaws and Gunslingers).

I think it is a really interesting period of history that has never been touched by the gaming industry.

I am still in very early stages, so we have only completed a couple of assets so far, but I will continue to add them here for feedback and for anyone interested. 

Thanks!

Colt 1849 Pocket Revolver

Colt 1851 Navy Revolver

Replies

• Mehran Khan
    Offline / Send Message
    Mehran Khan polycounter lvl 9
    I think this is very well done. But for a weapon, you can actually throw more geo at , like those screws. that will give it more shape.
    for the materials, I really like the wood part. the gold metal is also nice but it should have alot more grime and decoloration to it  as the wood part right next to it has a beautiful black grime layer.
    same goes for the grey metal as well, it requires more CHARACTER.
    but over all this looks nice man. keep it up.
  • Benvox2
    Offline / Send Message
    I think this is very well done. But for a weapon, you can actually throw more geo at , like those screws. that will give it more shape.
    for the materials, I really like the wood part. the gold metal is also nice but it should have alot more grime and decoloration to it  as the wood part right next to it has a beautiful black grime layer.
    same goes for the grey metal as well, it requires more CHARACTER.
    but over all this looks nice man. keep it up.
    Thanks for the feedback. I think I can add those screws back, especially if it will be somewhat visible in the first person view. 

I do want these to have plenty of character, but I feel it is a bit limited with such a small revolver while also keeping it historic. That is why I added the engravings on the Navy model.
  • Benvox2
    Offline / Send Message
    .577 Snider Enfield Rifle

At the height of the bushranging era, this rifle was already antiquated, however with a breech loaded .577 round it made it no less deadly.
  • Zi0
    Offline / Send Message
    Zi0 polycounter
    Nice guns and textures, haven't seen many breech loading guns on this forum. I think its a pretty cool idea to create a project set in nineteenth century Australia.
  • Benvox2
    Offline / Send Message
    Zi0 said:
    Nice guns and textures, haven't seen many breech loading guns on this forum. I think its a pretty cool idea to create a project set in nineteenth century Australia.
    Thanks mate. Yea these types of guns are not the most popular for games unfortunately. Much like the Australian setting too!
  • garcellano
  • JunkieKong
    Offline / Send Message
    JunkieKong greentooth
    Looking good so far! Plenty of cool stuff you could do with bushrangers, but who needs Ned Kelly when you could have an armed dwarf who rides an ostrich: https://coorongcountry.com.au/coorong-bushranger/

Although it's almost too ridiculous for a game.