Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

All Might -Fan Art-

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
CaidenCurry polycounter lvl 4
Hello Polycount! 

This is my first post here and I've been wanting to post for a long time now! Hope to learn more and try and be a more active member here. I'm basically at a stopping point now and I think it would be good to get some feedback.

I started off simple and started moving things around and getting reference: 
Starting with trying to get the basic forms:

Then after I was happy with his basic forms I started progressing on the face and laying out his suit:

This is right around where I was happy enough to call the sculpt almost done, I know there's still a lot to improve and I'd love to hear some crits but I think I was just ready to move on at this point. 

Went to retopo and then I threw on some base textures and started working on matching the concept. I take a TON of screenshots here because I feel it helps me get a little more courage when I can see the progress in phases:

My final look in Marmoset ends up being something like this:

Replies

• CaidenCurry
    Offline / Send Message
    Here's a couple of Close-Ups:

• SqueakyFloorboard
    Offline / Send Message
    SqueakyFloorboard polycounter lvl 2
    Hey, he looks awesome!
    I did notice however, some of the muscles on his back look a little wrong, I've highlighted the differences I noticed between some real life reference and your sculpt here:

The muscle just under the shoulder tucks into the armpit a little more than yours looks like it is doing. 
    I also noticed that the muscles in the centre of this guys back look more like one muscle, or at least they don't have a gap like yours do. 
    (sorry about the low quality painting, I don't have access to Photoshop, or a graphics tablet right now)

That said, he really does look great! I love the textures and the render is really cool. Makes me want a My Hero Academia fighting game! 
    Just started watching the show a few days ago and wanted to sculpt All Might at some point, unfortunately for me you've set the bar pretty high haha
  • CaidenCurry
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you @SqueakyFloorboard ! Those back muscles definitely gave me some trouble. I've still got a lot to learn as far as anatomy goes! I have another project that needs some work so I'll have move on for now. Once I come back to this, I'll make some of those changes! 

Also I believe there is going to be a My Hero fighting game coming soon called My Hero One's Justice it looks like it'll be pretty cool! :)
  • SqueakyFloorboard
    Offline / Send Message
    SqueakyFloorboard polycounter lvl 2
    You're welcome! Yeah, I'm still learning too but I thought I would try and help out :smile:  Fair enough, good luck on that project.

Ah awesome! I'll have to look into that, thanks!