Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Character WIP - Warrior

RENDEREN
polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
RENDEREN polycounter lvl 8
Hey guys!
I wanted to share my WIP for my warrior character.
I want to continue and make a few armor pieces on him.
Maybe a viking-barbarian-esque style.
I hope you guys like it. CC would be awesome! 
Thanks for looking!

Replies

• polygons
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    polygons polycounter lvl 4
    looks awesome so far. i think the skin texture could use some subtle color variation on everything under the neck but you might be putting clothes on him so that might not matter. I look forward to seeing more. How did you do the hair?
  • RENDEREN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    polygons said:
    looks awesome so far. i think the skin tecture could use some subtle color variation on everything under the neck but you might be putting clothes on him so that might not matter. I look forward to seeing more. How did you do the hair?

Hey thanks for the feedback. Yeah I definitely agree with what you said. I also need to add dirt and such. The hair was done with XGen
  • Simocate1
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Simocate1 node
    It's really awesome..  the texture on the arms and on the body it's just insane. All the character is really well done, even the face! 
    Seems a little strange, in the first image, the back of the head.. seems a bt flat! I would add a bit of spec! even on  the ear! Maybe it's just an impression.
    But well done, i really live this character! 
  • Kgizzi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kgizzi polycounter lvl 2
    Lookssick man. What did you render this with? I know you said the hair is Xgen, so was it rendered in Arnold? Also, is all of that hair in the beard the same color, or are there grays and other colors mixed in?
  • RENDEREN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Simocate1 said:
    It's really awesome..  the texture on the arms and on the body it's just insane. All the character is really well done, even the face! 
    Seems a little strange, in the first image, the back of the head.. seems a bt flat! I would add a bit of spec! even on  the ear! Maybe it's just an impression.
    But well done, i really live this character! 
    Thank you! Yeah I think it might have to do with the shape of the area light behind him. It's a very large and dim light so I guess the spec doesn't show through. I'll punch it up a bit more next time I do some renders =)

Kgizzi said:
    Lookssick man. What did you render this with? I know you said the hair is Xgen, so was it rendered in Arnold? Also, is all of that hair in the beard the same color, or are there grays and other colors mixed in?
    Thanks! Yeah it's rendered in Arnold. uhm they're not the same color. I added some randomization to the color of the beard so it gives it more variety. 
  • retropixel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    retropixel null
    Absolutely beautiful. I've been learning Xgen and I'm envious of this right now, although it seems much easier to do short hair in Maya than the medium-length female bob I'm doing right now. Stellar work!
  • RENDEREN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Absolutely beautiful. I've been learning Xgen and I'm envious of this right now, although it seems much easier to do short hair in Maya than the medium-length female bob I'm doing right now. Stellar work!
    Wow Thanks for the kind words. Nah don't be envious, this is a very simple set up and the modifiers do most of the work to be honest haha. I would struggle very much too if I were to tackle a hairstyle you mentioned. =)