Home Technical Talk

[Help] Marvelous Designer 3D garments are hard to grab

Win
Win
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Win polycounter lvl 4
Hi, I've been having an issue with Marvelous where I cannot select garments in the 3D view. Selection seems really random and it's making it very hard to use the grab functionality. I'm using a custom avatar. Does anyone know what the problem here is?

Replies

• Alex_J
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    simulation is off, right?

the first time you click the garment, a blue dot is created. This is a visual aid marker. You have to click again to select the garment piece, which highlights it and brings up the translation widget. 

If this doesn't work, I think you'll need to provide more detailed information and screenshots. Avatar shouldn't make any difference.
  • Win
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Win polycounter lvl 4
    Hm, it seems like the issue has resolved itself. Not sure what was happening here.
  • Alex_J
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    I go back and forth with MD. When it works, I am dancing in the street. When it gives me trouble, I swear I will do everything in Zbrush and never open it again. 

Then, I struggle getting some folds to look just right in zbrush, and I come crawling back.... All in all, its a pretty easy program though. It just has its quirks to deal with.

• Win
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Win polycounter lvl 4
    The problem has returned. When selecting a garment (literally clicking on it in the 3d viewport) nothing will be selected or an entirely different object. It's driving me crazy. The "W"-Key quick pin also doesn't work.