Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WIP Logan stylized version

Darkzan
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Darkzan polycounter lvl 5
Hello everyone, It's been a while that i didn't posted something here. Still not finished my old work...I started a new project a couple weeks ago. I want to make a stylized  3d version of Logan based on Dannis Duan 's work : https://www.artstation.com/artwork/3X14E
The clothes were made with marvelous designer and i tried to stylize it using a lot of the flatten brush and the damstandard one.
I still have to work on the jacket and need to add the scars on the face, but for the rest, i think it's done for the HighPoly.
I spent too much time on it so now i can't tell what wrong with it...
It would be great to have some advises or critiques so i can improve it and start the low poly version.

Replies

• AgelosAp
    Offline / Send Message
    AgelosAp polycounter
    @Darkzan Nice work, I think there is good potential here if you make this a little more consistent.
    I like some of the sharp fold work you did but then you have very smooth endings on his clothes(outlined the sleeve).
    Recheck references for his shirt and make the folds horizontal, also fill out his chest area.
    Give some form to his knee since you are going ot make a low poly and pose him, imagine that if he 's going to be a game model when he bends his knee, it needs to have some form and not be sculpted like if he was standing completely upright.
    That goes towards his whole posture(it needs to be more relaxed), rotate the feet outwards, bend his knees, relax the finger rotations(as on paintover)

• Darkzan
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey @AgelosAp Thanks a lot for sharing some of your time for this precious feedback. That was really useful!
    I did some adjustments. I made the end of the sleeves sharper. I reduced the thickness of the shirt and made the folds more horizontal.
    About adding some form for the shape of the knees and pose him in more relaxe way for the animation,  well I didn't see the thing that way...thanks for the tips. So i raised his arms higher, added  some details like the elbow and knee shapes and i changed the position of the fingers. 

I just have to clean some parts and i think i will be good to go to the next step.
  • Darkzan
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey everyone, here is my progress with Logan. 
    I did the retopology with topogun and unwrapping with maya. For the baking, i used marmoset and substance painter for the texturing.

I think i can still improve it, what do you think?
  • Darkzan
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey There, i've finally finished the rigging/skinning part using human IK in maya. i did some poses and rendered it in marmoset.

I'll try to find some time to make some animations of  him later, but for now i call it done.