Home Technical Talk

Need Help With Modeling Techinique

J0Y
node
Offline / Send Message
J0Y node

I want to model a combat radio like the one in the picture above but I am not sure which is the right way to model the speaker part with the proper beveling (notice the area within the blue rectangle). ps: I am modeling this object to use in a video game. Replies are very appreciated! 

Replies

• Alex_J
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    Make an attempt, and if you're still stumped post your attempts in screenshots to the "How the fuck do i model this??" thread

Side note : not sure that's an actual military radio. Military gear isn't orange and should have an output for a headset. Noisy speakers aren't tactical.

MBITR -- this is what the us army uses. Not sure is this pictured version is current or not. Doesn't make a difference for your learning, but you ought to know what you're modeling and call it the right name.
    Image result for mbitr
  • J0Y
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    J0Y node
    Make an attempt, and if you're still stumped post your attempts in screenshots to the "How the fuck do i model this??" thread

Side note : not sure that's an actual military radio. Military gear isn't orange and should have an output for a headset. Noisy speakers aren't tactical.

MBITR -- this is what the us army uses. Not sure is this pictured version is current or not. Doesn't make a difference for your learning, but you ought to know what you're modeling and call it the right name.
    Image result for mbitr

For now, I am just try to model any type of radio. Next time I will look for the right name before I post. 
  • CreativeSheep
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CreativeSheep polycounter lvl 8
    You could model or displacements.
  • musashidan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    musashidan high dynamic range
    If it's for a game then you don't need to model it. You can either bake floaters or add it as bump/normal detail in a Substance Painter layer(that is, if you use it)

For the floater just model a single element and clone/array the pattern.
  • J0Y
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    J0Y node
    If it's for a game then you don't need to model it. You can either bake floaters or add it as bump/normal detail in a Substance Painter layer(that is, if you use it)

For the floater just model a single element and clone/array the pattern.
    That is perfect. I totally forgot about floatring objects. Yes, I will bake normal map with floating object instead of modeling it  ;)