Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Faora from man of steel wip

null
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
kiral null
Hello everybody 

ive been learning zbrush and 3d modeling for quite sometime now but this is the first post here , i dont seem to find good place to share my art and get some critiques and stuff so heres what ive been working in the past 2 weeks 

its based from Faora , the lady that came with Zod in man of steel in case you dont know her 
:smile:
have fun 

everytime i sculpt the head i always feel that there is something i have to do to take it to another lvl .. i just cant figure it out lol 

here is some extras to get used to hard surface

and poly-paint :) 

and thats it , im not planning on adding stuff maybe just a cape , refine it a lil .. and i really appreciate if you have any feedback critique to help me finish this 

Thank you :) 

Replies

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    Have you tried just making the planes of the face first before going so high res\ with the face?
  • Nuclear Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nuclear Angel polycounter
    "everytime i sculpt the head i always feel that there is something i have to do to take it to another lvl .. i just cant figure it out lol " 

I would say that if you feel like this you should really just try sculpting a lot of heads man. And I can say that it would benefit you greatly to  make a study of the planes of the head, and then skull structure and proportions. Then from there sculpt individual faces, so you can understand the structure underneath and why the forms look like they do. 

And overall you are sculpting right now in a really high subdivision, and as it seems to be dynameshed it looks blobby right now. Sculpt on a lower subd and get the proportions and the forms down, and then move up in polycount. Also it would be good if you posted full body shots as then we can see the character as a whole. 

And personally I dont think you should polypaint at this stage, it hides to much of the sculpt. 
  • kiral
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kiral null
    Have you tried just making the planes of the face first before going so high res\ with the face?
    No actually i worked with a basic base mesh i got , i tried to muscle it up then refine it but i can see your point now lol , thank you 
  • kiral
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kiral null
    "everytime i sculpt the head i always feel that there is something i have to do to take it to another lvl .. i just cant figure it out lol " 

I would say that if you feel like this you should really just try sculpting a lot of heads man. And I can say that it would benefit you greatly to  make a study of the planes of the head, and then skull structure and proportions. Then from there sculpt individual faces, so you can understand the structure underneath and why the forms look like they do. 

And overall you are sculpting right now in a really high subdivision, and as it seems to be dynameshed it looks blobby right now. Sculpt on a lower subd and get the proportions and the forms down, and then move up in polycount. Also it would be good if you posted full body shots as then we can see the character as a whole. 

And personally I dont think you should polypaint at this stage, it hides to much of the sculpt. 
    hey there , yeah i think you probably right about the polypaint i was just having fun ,
    and i looked for some planes and proportions ill start working on this thank you 

i wasnt dynamesh its sub lvl 6 , from a base mesh 
    here is the full body the hand and the foot was untouched cause i wanted to do the armor too so thought itll be good to practice them separately 

Thank you again  
  • kiral
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kiral null
    hey again , so i was working more on the face and this is what i got for now :)