Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Sci_fi female character

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Regal polycounter lvl 4
Hey All,

Few months ago, I decided to start getting back into Zbrush.
Just wanting to spend a few hours every weekend building up a character.
I haven't designed anything for this character but rather just making it up as I’m going along.
I first started off with a sphere and dynameshed out the shape.

As I moved on with the dynamesh shape I tried to give myself as much critique as I could, with scale and form for the anatomy.
( I`m using plenty of reference at this point).
I don’t really post much online as Its just a habit I never really got around to, but I’m trying to change that.
This is just me going over things I wasn't happy with.

I continued to add changes to the model, upping the detail on the anatomy also messing about with the face and hair trying to create a good look for the character.

After I was happy with the shape of the character I changed over from dynamesh.
This was so I could give the model an even share of geometry, by doing so I could add in more refined details without uneven rez happening.

Sorry for the poor render quality I wasn’t really caring much for the test renders.    

So after that I decided I wanted to start working out clothing, as I said before, haven’t design anything just dealing with it as im going along but I have a few ideas what im wanting.
*Here are a few refs im working from*

still working out Ideas for hair and placing a few ideas for the clothing. 

Replies

• Regal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Regal polycounter lvl 4
    Here is the current stage am at the moment 

Comments and critiques very much welcome, I just wanted to share what I am working on while practising.

thanks for looking. 
  • Regal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Regal polycounter lvl 4

Hey all, haven't posted much in a while.

The current stage im at is texturing and hair.
    I have past retopologizing and UVS for the character body.
    also decided to make changes towards the look of the character, mainly with the clothes and hair style compared the zbrush sculpt that I started off with.
    I will try post more often, comments always welcome

Thanks for looking.

• HarlequinWerewolf
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    HarlequinWerewolf polycounter
    Love this so much! She's looking great! The clothes look great on her too and give that sci-fi vibe.
  • slosh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slosh hero character
    I think she's looking great but the undershirt looks strange how it cups the breasts with zero slack...very unnatural.  I would redo that area so the shirt fits more realistically.  Texture seems to be coming along but the subsurface feels really blown out...she's practically glowing red.  I think the lips could use some adjustment as well...the sides feel like they are too long.
  • Regal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Regal polycounter lvl 4
    slosh said:
    I think she's looking great but the undershirt looks strange how it cups the breasts with zero slack...very unnatural.  I would redo that area so the shirt fits more realistically.  Texture seems to be coming along but the subsurface feels really blown out...she's practically glowing red.  I think the lips could use some adjustment as well...the sides feel like they are too long.

Hey thanks for the response,
    yeah I agree with the sculpt think it was just something I over looked cheers for pointing it out.
    The lighting was just thrown into the scene for a quick render didn't pay much attention to the sub surface.
     but this is not the look am aiming for XD.
    For the lips yeah maybe could be pulled in abit the sides ill have a mess about with it anyway.
    Cheers for the feed back .

• Regal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Regal polycounter lvl 4
    LeahM said:
    Love this so much! She's looking great! The clothes look great on her too and give that sci-fi vibe.
  • Michalo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Michalo polycounter lvl 2
    Nice work man! Glad you changed that hairs style - she looks better now.
    I like the colths and LP version of her coming on nicely. I think she would love more tattoos :wink:

The one thing that bugs me are the folds of lower legs. They aren't convincing.
    Also you shouldn't make folds symmetrical.

• Aydhe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Aydhe polycounter lvl 5
    Her skin texture is awesome, even though SSS is going through the roof.
  • Regal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Regal polycounter lvl 4

Latest:

Again, I dont get to spend much time working on my own stuff, so apologies for how spaced out these posts are.

current update towards my character progress.
     I was working on the hair and trying to get a good look, created a few digital paintovers and playing around with fibermesh in zbrush.

Happy with the design and style I then broke down the hair into movable parts, this is so I can use the mixture of alpha hair planes and block geometry.

And here i am with the progress of the hair, still a work in progress.

Thanks for looking.