Home Quixel Megascans

Answered: Megascan Decals into 3DS Max for Vray

Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Is there a way to import Megascan decals directly into a 3DS Max scene? 

Also, when I export the decal via Bridge for Vray, I get the Bitmaps, however the decal doesn't have an alpha to allow me to use it within 3DS or even Photoshop. Is there an export setting in Bridge that will allow this? 

Cheers

Replies

• Synaesthesia
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    What do you mean by "directly import" them? The workflow would be the same as any other asset in Max - you create a material and assign the textures to the respective inputs. The current version of Bridge is somewhat limited in this regard, so your best bet is simply to visit the extracted folder (Double-click on the asset or open the asset folder dialog via Bridge) and manually assign the opacity map. :)
  • KHutchings13
    Thanks for the reply! 

That is my bad thinking there may be a way to use the decals in 3DS as shown in Unreal on the road tutorial video.

In response to your other point, there does not seam to be an opacity map either in the export from bridge or within the original asset download. Unless this is the After Effects file which is included and haven't opened yet. Is there another way to get hold of this? 

Cheers
  • Synaesthesia
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Could you provide a link to the asset in question? I'll investigate this ASAP!
  • KHutchings13
    Rather than link you to a direct decal, I have included a screenshot the files which are downloaded for this file. These are the file direct from Megascans, rather than a Vray export through Bridge. The files exported from bridge don't contain anything different, only less files.

I hope this helps you and let me know if I am doing anything stupid as this is my first go at using Megascans.

Cheers,

• Synaesthesia
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    I checked into the asset on the site, it contains everything it should have. What you'll need to do is visit the asset on Megascans.se and check your download settings. Ensure that you're grabbing the opacity map. Once you have that checked, download it again and you should be all set!