Home Technical Talk

Posing in Zbrush, Shoulder joint

Nizidranamitz
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Nizidranamitz polycounter lvl 3
Hello everybody,

For the first time i'm trying to pose a character directly inside zbrush before dressing him.
I sculpted this woman in A-pose and then tried to pose her.
Its all went smoothly except for the shoulder and breast area which ends up terribly deformed no matter how I do it. What is the correct way of rotating the arm ?

Here is the screenshot of the deformations.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks for reading

Replies

• kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    It looks like you are moving the figure at a high subD. There are tutorials on rigging and I have tried it but never had a really good result. I'm not an expert on rigging models in ZBrush because I am only interested in characters that are meant for games. I hope someone here will chime in, but in the meantime, the only time I would pose in ZBrush is if the character was intended as a statue or the like. In that case I just use transpose to position the figure and then just correct the sculpt at higher division levels.  

Rigging a lower poly version of the character in software that specializes in character animation is far simpiler and achieves better results.
  • Nizidranamitz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nizidranamitz polycounter lvl 3
    Hey Kanga,

Thanks for the answers. Actually I tried both rigg and transpose tool, didn't achieve anything good with rigg either.
    Its for a figurine to be 3D printed for a board game, so its the precise case of the statue like character.
    I used transpose tool at low subdiv (10k poly) but if its the correct method I can only guess I position poorly my mask and transpose line.

Edit : By working more on mask, and with some tweak I somehow fixed it. its not perfect, the poly are stiill a bit twisted but that should do with some extra work at hight res.