Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

USP Tactical

AiLeiKe
polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
AiLeiKe polycounter lvl 2
Hi everyone! 

First post here on polycount, I usually post on another forum but there are not as many users there and I would love to have more feedback & critiques. 

Here's the link to the project : https://www.artstation.com/artwork/V6AqZ

Texturing is one my weaknesses and I really want to improve at it. If anyone has any tips or advice I'd like to hear it!

Replies

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    Regarding just posting methodologies, it helps a lot for speedy thread viewing if you post your project images in the thread as well.  It's best to assume even Polycounters are lazy web surfers.

Do you have  a slight body-oils pass on the grip area and other locations where fingers may lay?

• AiLeiKe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the heads up, I uploaded some of the images as suggested!

I did add some oil to the grip area and on the suppressor where the fingers could possibly be. I basically just lowered the Roughness value to get those parts to look more glossy. I made it quite subtle though. Should I have done it a different way? 

It can be kind of visible on this render:  

• Amsterdam Hilton Hotel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Amsterdam Hilton Hotel insane polycounter
    first of all, good job for finishing the project.

here are some critical observations you may find useful

• AiLeiKe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That was very useful indeed, TBH I didn't notice the transitions I'll have to pay closer attention to those kinds of details. 
    As for the edge damage, I added a generator with a subtract to make it less uniform. I guess I didn't crank the values high enough. 

Thanks!