Home Technical Talk

Any good & simple way to render sculpt ?

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Nexam polycounter lvl 5
Hello Polycounters !

I'm doing a lot of sculpt lately, i was wondering how can i render them properly, quick and efficient. Keyshot sound amazing, but sadly it's pretty high cost for me. Is there any good alternative ? Do you have a good way to use ZBrush Render to have good result ?
Did some try in blender for now, but i'm looking for other/more effective ways

Replies

• Altea
    Offline / Send Message
    Altea polycounter lvl 6
    Zbrush is OK as long you don't mind a non realistic style and working with photoshop with pases. It is not a single button result as Keyshot unless you want something basic.
    If we are talking very cheap Cycles from Blender is OK. Marmoset, even is a real time render can give good results. Obviously decimate or optimize first, but marmoset can load lots of polys.
    Even Substance Painter includes a renderer non real time, Iray, but without the customization of a real render program. But I would choose it only if you use it as painting program and simply take the advantage of the renderer.
     Both  have demos where you can check quality. But nothing can beat Cycles in terms of price/value.
  • Nexam
    Offline / Send Message
    Nexam polycounter lvl 5
    I can put some money, it's just that Keyshot is around 1000$, that sound a lot for rendering only. If i needed it for everyday work it will be okay.
    Blender cycle is great. It's just you have to do everything by yourself, there no prebuilt stuff. If you want to rotate your HDRI for example, you need to build some node logic... I guess i will try to create a final render scene in blender and share it if i achieve anything good :)

I was thinking about Marmoset, and i can use it to put some real time model online as well, so this is great. I will definitely take a look at it.
    Probably take a look at ZBrush/Photoshop too. I found the plugin Zbrush to photoshop CC that can help with this...

Thank you for your answer... i will continue to investigate all of this :)