Home Technical Talk

[Zbrush] consideration about the scale factor to export in OBJ format for 3D package?

rafastrip
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
rafastrip polycounter lvl 4
HI , I would like to know about the scale factor in zbrush , for my 3D character's dimention size.  

I am finishing my 3D character ready to start the retopo...process .  I would like to make retopology in another package, Maya.  

what's happen if my character has more than 60 meters tall ? could be possible ? ( should I suffer problems for baking external , such as Xnormal , XX - software) ? .
Should I scale both meshes (High poly and lowpoly ) , to resize them external ? in  Maya or whatever ? and then baking the maps....

Should I forget about the scale in zbrush (for rendering or 3D character presentation)  ? and starting to retopology in my 3D package, and when I feel ready to bake the maps , resize my model? 
thx.

Replies

• kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    I start a character in ZB from a zsphere as the head size. The most important thing is that the ZB tools are the right size for sculpting in ZB itself and holding that method works fine. If you start a character with a dynamesh sphere as the head size the character will be lager but that seems to work ok as well.  Once the sculpt is done moving a decimated version to 3DMax as a base for retopo, I just chuck a  0.5m x 0.5m x 2m (or 1.8m) high cube in the viewport  and export from ZB till I have the right size and position in Max. Then retopo and UV the lowpoly then send it to Substance painter for baking and texturing.  Works fine. You could use the same method for Maya. Except my experience with Maya is that the imported model is way too large, so just adjust the ZB export sizes to suit.

Cheers
  • rafastrip
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rafastrip polycounter lvl 4