Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017

Riot Creative Contest 2017 - QA

admin
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
cheeseplus admin
Hello! If you are participating in the Riot Creative Contest and have some questions in regards to the contest, please ask them here.

As a reminder, the important dates for this contest are:
  • Contest starts November 6th, 2017
  • The deadline for entries is January 31st, 2018 @ 23:59 PST (GMT -7)
  • Winners will be announced March 1st, 2018

Replies

• lucak
    Offline / Send Message
    lucak polycounter lvl 5
    They've started sending the emails, I won :3
    Don't do this to us! 
  • chemotoledo
    Offline / Send Message
    chemotoledo sublime tool
  • GeneralSoundwave
    Offline / Send Message
    GeneralSoundwave polycounter lvl 10
    I think their business hours close in 18 mins...
  • SpartiateDienekes
    If true, congrats.
  • BramStoker
    If true, congrats.
    I hope it's true D: Still can't believe.
  • lucak
    Offline / Send Message
    lucak polycounter lvl 5
    lol wot @BramStoker I thought you were joking, congrats man!
    I don't even know what's real anymore.
  • TheDjinn
    Offline / Send Message
    TheDjinn polycounter lvl 7
    lucak said:
    lol wot @BramStoker I thought you were joking, congrats man!
    I don't even know what's real anymore.
    Did an official announcement slip by that I missed?
  • CLASHatDEMONHEAD
    Offline / Send Message
    CLASHatDEMONHEAD polycounter lvl 5
    There hasn’t be an official announcement. Take what’s said with a grain of salt, they’ll announce when they announce it. I recommend following Polycount's twitter (that's where the last announcement happened). Until then Fingers crossed. GLHF. 
  • ChrisIsOssim
    Offline / Send Message
    ChrisIsOssim triangle
    Confirmed to announce tomorrow. Break out the hot dogs my dudes.

• lucak
    Offline / Send Message
    lucak polycounter lvl 5
    oh well here we go again XD see you tomorow 
  • atanu2ghosh
    Offline / Send Message
    atanu2ghosh polycounter lvl 3
  • Silver_Sol
  • MaoAkari
    Offline / Send Message
    MaoAkari polycounter lvl 3
    i can't believe ;<<
  • TheDjinn
    Offline / Send Message
    TheDjinn polycounter lvl 7
    Last minute update/fixes is interesting, since apparently at least some emails *did* go out. I hope the ones that did go out were correct, as that would suck otherwise. O_o
  • MaoAkari
    Offline / Send Message
    so we gotta wait 2 more days( Good luck all of you guys!

• karefs
    Offline / Send Message
    karefs vertex
    Well, I'm not surprised.
  • AntonioEffectsFX
    I am just happy they are taking their time.
  • Baransu
    Offline / Send Message
    Baransu triangle
    Where will the winners be announced? Here?
  • GeneralSoundwave
    Offline / Send Message
    Here we go again folks. Blessings to all!
  • MaoAkari
    Offline / Send Message
    ahah i think all of the 1,2,3 know that they are winners and we are just suffering here full of high hopes ;<<
  • Silver_Sol
    I just want feedback on how my narrative piece did lmao at this stage it's all I want mainly.
  • juliathorne25
    Mao, when I asked them a question the other day they said they don't typically contact winners beforehand.
  • MaoAkari
    Offline / Send Message
    Mao, when I asked them a question the other day they said they don't typically contact winners beforehand.
    thank you ;3 *still full of hopes*
  • SnowGuardian
    Don't you dare get my hopes back up
  • Azunyahu
    Offline / Send Message
    Azunyahu null
    EDITED. Nothing more to say.
  • down_limit
    Offline / Send Message
    down_limit polycounter lvl 10
    In my opinion, people participate for the sake of experience and impressions. It is much more valuable than someone's publicly supposedly competent winner announcement. You need to participate in such contests in order to become better than the one you were at the beginning of the path. And not for the sake of a victorious place.

In this way, I hope that you have enough professionalism to adequately accept the results when they are done.
  • GeneralSoundwave
    Offline / Send Message
    They may have just opened for business. Hopefully they'll post soon
  • Azunyahu
    Offline / Send Message
    Azunyahu null
    In my opinion, people participate for the sake of experience and impressions. It is much more valuable than someone's publicly supposedly competent winner announcement. You need to participate in such contests in order to become better than the one you were at the beginning of the path. And not for the sake of a victorious place.

In this way, I hope that you have enough professionalism to adequately accept the results when they are done.
    u know? I know I'm not a winner cause I miss something to do after participate with my art. I'm waiting to see the winner list because I'm following this contest since first day, watching every entry and looking the amazing art in here. It's not the point to be a winner or not, it's the point to be professional and do the job when they must. If not, they must take responsabilities cause the're working on this.
  • BigSisNatien
    Offline / Send Message
    BigSisNatien triangle
    Azunyahu said:

u know? I know I'm not a winner cause I miss something to do after participate with my art. I'm waiting to see the winner list because I'm following this contest since first day, watching every entry and looking the amazing art in here. It's not the point to be a winner or not, it's the point to be professional and do the job when they must. If not, they must take responsabilities cause the're working on this.
    I know the contest creators don't need anyone defending them, but I've been stalking for a while and I gotta admit... The negativity is killing the vibe. I'm still eagerly awaiting announcements, but can you at least calm yourself and take a look at the situation as a whole?

For starters, contests aren't a granted right. They're privileges that someone, somewhere, has decided to bestow onto you. They didn't have to host this contest, but they did, for the sake of seeing some creative content from their fans. It's an honor to participate in something like this and to learn from the experience, as flawlessly worded by @down_limit .

Secoondly, while I'll admit it was unprofessional to only tweet a news update about the matter, they explained themselves each time they put the date off. And, the more you think about it, spreading news on social media isn't too bad of a method. They likely figured that at least a handful of contestants would catch the news and would pass it on (which, they did, thank you @Silver_Sol @atanu2ghosh @ChrisIsOssim

They are taking full responsibilities for the displacement and even said that they only put it off until Monday (today) to maximize exposure for the winners. They're being as professional as they can be with the wifi shortages, issues with winners, etc. Remember, we're all humans! Life happens sometimes, even for the big guys. I'd recommend sitting back, grabbing a hot dog, and waiting patiently for the winners to be announced. It's gonna happen. Just take a breather, alright? Much love, stranger. <3
  • Bobababooi
    Offline / Send Message
    Bobababooi polycounter lvl 7
    Azunyahu said:

I know the contest creators don't need anyone defending them, but I've been stalking for a while and I gotta admit... The negativity is killing the vibe. I'm still eagerly awaiting announcements, but can you at least calm yourself and take a look at the situation as a whole?

For starters, contests aren't a granted right. They're privileges that someone, somewhere, has decided to bestow onto you. They didn't have to host this contest, but they did, for the sake of seeing some creative content from their fans. It's an honor to participate in something like this and to learn from the experience, as flawlessly worded by @down_limit .

Secoondly, while I'll admit it was unprofessional to only tweet a news update about the matter, they explained themselves each time they put the date off. And, the more you think about it, spreading news on social media isn't too bad of a method. They likely figured that at least a handful of contestants would catch the news and would pass it on (which, they did, thank you @Silver_Sol @atanu2ghosh @ChrisIsOssim

They are taking full responsibilities for the displacement and even said that they only put it off until Monday (today) to maximize exposure for the winners. They're being as professional as they can be with the wifi shortages, issues with winners, etc. Remember, we're all humans! Life happens sometimes, even for the big guys. I'd recommend sitting back, grabbing a hot dog, and waiting patiently for the winners to be announced. It's gonna happen. Just take a breather, alright? Much love, stranger. <3
    100% This and from down_limit.

• ChrisIsOssim
    Offline / Send Message
    ChrisIsOssim triangle

Couldn't have said it better, my dude. While this was a contest hosted by Polycount, the judges each have their own lives and families to get back to. While there may have been things that have been understandably disappointing (taking a month to judge only to postpone by a few days), we gotta keep in mind that these are just people and that sometimes things don't work out like they're supposed to. 
  • ChrisIsOssim
    Offline / Send Message
    ChrisIsOssim triangle
    Azunyahu said:
    LAMECULOS ;)
    > Whines about professionalism
    > Calls everyone an ass-kisser in a public forum

Hmm.

Edit: The original comment is gone. This is weird now.
  • MaoAkari
    Offline / Send Message

aw sure if u about my winners post. It was just a joke, simething like: you know when you're child and waiting for santa present, you allready understand that ur family too poor but you still dreamin' about some cool presents)
    I dont even hope for some place, i've met alot of people, get huge exp etc etc) just joking - dont take it serious
  • Azunyahu
    Offline / Send Message
    Azunyahu null
    Azunyahu said:
    LAMECULOS ;)

Hmm.

Algún problema, niñato? Puedo decir lo que me de la gana. Ajo y agua y a vuestra casa con vuestras mierdas sentimentalistas. en buen dia me ha spillado a mi pa tocarme el coño.
  • ChrisIsOssim
    Offline / Send Message
    ChrisIsOssim triangle
    Azunyahu said:
    Azunyahu said:
    LAMECULOS ;)

Hmm.

Algún problema, niñato? Puedo decir lo que me de la gana. Ajo y agua y a vuestra casa con vuestras mierdas sentimentalistas. en buen dia me ha spillado a mi pa tocarme el coño.
    You gotta give me a second, I don't speak/understand Spanish. Lemme plug this into google translate.

My go-to insult from now on. Thanks.
  • EraiViolett
    Offline / Send Message
    EraiViolett polygon
    I don't think there's anything wrong with desiring to be that first place. It is hard to take the experience when you've been conditioned all your life to be competitive and always strive for the best, that when it doesn't happen, you feel your worst. I personally dislike contests because in my experience they always let me down, they make me feel bad ways about myself that I might be crazy to believe i was enough, which is something I've always struggled with in all the areas of my life. I'm pretty sure you guys can relate, Its the artist curse as I've seen thus far.

That said, I do want to be conscious of what this experience, or any experience at that, really is. I am really proud of my work and no 1st or last place will change my view on it. Sure there's always things to improve, but I don't want the results to kill what happened in the process. Perhaps this battle between striving for the best and awaiting a positive result vs appreciating the process accepting the struggle, becomes an unbearable tension, that in this case, may feel unfair that the waiting has to last just a little longer. I empathize with those that complain, i know they are nervous too and the lack of "here's the result, you can calm now" is making it worse. But do understand that this conflict that you feel is within you, it has nothing to do with the other participants or the hosts of the contest or even life in itself. Sort it out, calm down, think things through and be mature about it. I'm expressing all this in order to feel mature myself, even if inside there's a kid waiting to cry at the sight of a loss, or a dude that's about to face its biggest lie about himself. Complaining will do me no good, nor will it help others. So try not to be rude and find a way to keep yourself stable. All my best wishes to all of you, creating the artwork you did alone is no easy task, so in the big scheme of things, you are already a winner!

I hope i didn't ramble too much and I hope my English was decent enough to be understood.
  • Azunyahu
    Offline / Send Message
    Azunyahu null
    Azunyahu said:
    Azunyahu said:
    LAMECULOS ;)

Hmm.

You gotta give me a second, I don't speak/understand Spanish. Lemme plug this into google translate.

u are boring ;) did u understand that?
  • Azunyahu
    Offline / Send Message
    Azunyahu null
    I don't think there's anything wrong with desiring to be that first place. It is hard to take the experience when you've been conditioned all your life to be competitive and always strive for the best, that when it doesn't happen, you feel your worst. I personally dislike contests because in my experience they always let me down, they make me feel bad ways about myself that I might be crazy to believe i was enough, which is something I've always struggled with in all the areas of my life. I'm pretty sure you guys can relate, Its the artist curse as I've seen thus far.

That said, I do want to be conscious of what this experience, or any experience at that, really is. I am really proud of my work and no 1st or last place will change my view on it. Sure there's always things to improve, but I don't want the results to kill what happened in the process. Perhaps this battle between striving for the best and awaiting a positive result vs appreciating the process accepting the struggle, becomes an unbearable tension, that in this case, may feel unfair that the waiting has to last just a little longer. I empathize with those that complain, i know they are nervous too and the lack of "here's the result, you can calm now" is making it worse. But do understand that this conflict that you feel is within you, it has nothing to do with the other participants or the hosts of the contest or even life in itself. Sort it out, calm down, think things through and be mature about it. I'm expressing all this in order to feel mature myself, even if inside there's a kid waiting to cry at the sight of a loss, or a dude that's about to face its biggest lie about himself. Complaining will do me no good, nor will it help others. So try not to be rude and find a way to keep yourself stable. All my best wishes to all of you, creating the artwork you did alone is no easy task, so in the big scheme of things, you are already a winner!

I hope i didn't ramble too much and I hope my English was decent enough to be understood.
    The good thing is that I discovered a good artist, in all context, this is a BIG shit. But BIG BIG BIG ;)
  • ChrisIsOssim
    Offline / Send Message
    ChrisIsOssim triangle
    Azunyahu said:
    Azunyahu said:
    Azunyahu said:
    LAMECULOS ;)

Hmm.

Hell yeah I'm boring man. Doesn't mean you gotta wink at me about it. At least take me to dinner first.
  • BigSisNatien
    Offline / Send Message
    BigSisNatien triangle
    By the way everyone- In case you didn't see- we're almost there!
  • Azunyahu
    Offline / Send Message
    Azunyahu null
    Azunyahu said:
    Azunyahu said:
    Azunyahu said:
    LAMECULOS ;)

Hmm.

Hell yeah I'm boring man. Doesn't mean you gotta wink at me about it. At least take me to dinner first.
    OK, let's search some burguer.

PS. 1 hour and more after they're saying that it's all finished and they have all the winners, it's still the same xDDD
  • MaoAkari
    Offline / Send Message
    BLESS YOU GUYS WHO READING TWITTER!
    polycount myst gave all the prizes to you lol
  • Azunyahu
    Offline / Send Message
    Azunyahu null
    MaoAkari said:
    BLESS YOU GUYS WHO READING TWITTER!
    polycount myst gave all the prizes to you lol
    xD
  • CLASHatDEMONHEAD
    Offline / Send Message
    CLASHatDEMONHEAD polycounter lvl 5
    Push alerts make Twitter a great place. 
  • radm0bile
    Offline / Send Message
    radm0bile polycounter lvl 9
  • praetus
  • MaoAkari
    Offline / Send Message
    soo good luck everyone! That was fun anyway)
  • cainy
    Offline / Send Message
    cainy polycounter lvl 5
    Nice, looking forward
  • chemotoledo
    Offline / Send Message
    chemotoledo sublime tool
    Awesome!! Thanks @BigSisNatien and @radm0bile for the info :) So excited!!! 

• GeneralSoundwave
    Offline / Send Message