Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - Environment Art

RIOT CREATIVE CONTEST 2017 - [Shadow Isles Turret] Henry Lam

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Bobababooi polycounter lvl 7
Hi there! I'll be participating in this contest as well. I'll be taking the challenge upon the Turret and the den. Still undecided to which theme/element that I'll be aiming for. Will post an update with a ref board asap. Good Luck everyone, can't wait to see others. 

Replies

• Bobababooi
    Offline / Send Message

So for the turret I decided to go with the Shadow Isles region theme. Thought about for the robe part there would be wailing ghosts that covers the bottom of it and have it gradient transitsion. Not sure whether to have the tombstone on its back be short and float or have it built into the circular platform.

Gonna upload a refine concept of the turret soon! Thx for stopping by.
  • jenna_dean
    Offline / Send Message
    jenna_dean polycounter lvl 3
    Sweet! Love the shape of the last turret on the top-the large sort of horse shoe shape with the spikes drew my eye right away.
  • Bobababooi
    Offline / Send Message
    Sweet! Love the shape of the last turret on the top-the large sort of horse shoe shape with the spikes drew my eye right away.
    Thanks! Ill see if i can play with it around more with my updated concept. 

Decided to redo the look, wanted to push more of this deathly hollow look for something that could be part of the Shadow Isles. 

• Ikleyvey
    Offline / Send Message
    Ikleyvey vertex
    Wow, this is really good. I can't wait to see how it looks like from above! I wonder how you'll tackle the volume of the upper and bottom parts of the turret. As far as I know the SR turrets are top heavy, right?
  • Bobababooi
    Offline / Send Message
    Ikleyvey said:
    Wow, this is really good. I can't wait to see how it looks like from above! I wonder how you'll tackle the volume of the upper and bottom parts of the turret. As far as I know the SR turrets are top heavy, right?
    Tyty! Yeah they're top heavy. I felt mine should stay a bit similar to a reaper's physique compare to the guardmens in LoLs SR turrets. 
  • Bobababooi
    Offline / Send Message
    Here's an update of the tower. Afraid wont finish all by the due date, but will still continue to finish it nonetheless. 

• Bobababooi
    Offline / Send Message
    An update of the turret, took out the "bone stones" that was wrapped around it, felt awkward to the design.