Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - Sound Design

[Riot Creative Contest 2017] - Logan WIP Thread

Lanxius
null
Offline / Send Message
Lanxius null
Fashionably late, but I would love to push myself to see what I can do!
Will update with WIP posts as I hit milestones for this project. Good luck everyone!

Replies

• Riot_Eno
    Offline / Send Message
    Riot_Eno RIOT Games
    Happy designing!
  • Lanxius
    Offline / Send Message
    Lanxius null
    Working in retail during the holidays is brutal, but I will be starting my cue sheets on Tuesday to layout all of the sounds.
    I will likely hit a hardware store to get some materials to build myself a little Foley pit as well. Onward!
  • Lanxius
    Offline / Send Message
    Lanxius null
    Cue Sheets done and all sounds brainstormed and planned out. 5 pages. Only a couple hand cramps lol. 

Recording for movement and impacts tomorrow.
    I'm excited to get into this as my first non-school project! :D
  • Lanxius
    Offline / Send Message
    Lanxius null
    Got a lot of impacts/stabs. Also decided not to waste a recording of a good melon mutilation and recorded some horror/gore sounds too. 
    Still in the process of gathering all the raw samples before I edit them and start lining them up. Then I'll be doing some live Foley woo!
  • Elithenia
    Offline / Send Message
    Elithenia polycounter
    oh this is awesome :) Can't wait to see what you do with it!
  • Lanxius
    Offline / Send Message
    Lanxius null
    In the interest of full disclosure, I likely will be bowing out of the contest this time around...

It's a bummer and I had TONS of time in which to complete this, but I ended up shelving this project in favor of others that I needed to take care of. Amongst other things.

If nothing else, this was a great lesson in time management and workload management.

I will still work on this with the last few days I have, but if the outcome is anything less than stellar; I won't submit it.

I would like to thank Riot and Polycount in advance for hosting the contest and I will be back and ready the next go round for sure!

I hate conceding, but I hate submitting something I'm not proud to have my name on more :)