Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - Character Art

[RIOT CREATIVE CONTEST 2017] Character Art - Little Red Kindred

Gabby
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Gabby polycounter lvl 3
Hey all,

A bit of a late entry, though I have been thinking about entering this competition for a while. I first wanted to take some time to familiarise myself more with the world of Runeterra and the characters within it. After researching all (the many) champions, I decided that I would really like to do an adaptation of Kindred. The idea of somehow using or taking inspiration from the story of the Little Red Riding Hood was there from the start. Nevertheless, I looked at the different animal 'pairs' featured in fairy tales, nursery rhymes and fables for inspiration, but I kept going back to Red Riding Hood and the wolf.

I now have some 'off time' between projects and should be able to pour a good chunk of time into this. I sketched out a few ideas and I think that these two sets of characters would work best.

I think I'll go with something similar to the bottom right combination, but I am open to any suggestions or ideas.

- Gabby

Replies

• Gabby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gabby polycounter lvl 3
    Probably goes without saying that I'll be pulling out of the contest. A lot has happened these last couple of weeks and there is little to no chance that I will finish in time or have something decent enough to submit. Though I might post some updates when I get a chance either way.
    To any contestants reading this , good luck.