Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - Character Art

[RIOT CREATIVE CONTEST 2017] Character Art - Void Gnar

Syblinsk
node
Offline / Send Message
Syblinsk node
Hi, I know i'm pretty late but i've been pretty busy finishing my master degree, but now im ready to give my all in this project.
I have chosen Gnar because I really like the transform concept and I like yordles, I also love the void theme so heres a mix up, I'm pretty bad at drwaing but I gave my all to try to make some decent concepts, I will also post the references I am taking from in game size references, as always advice and feedback is appreciated, hope you like it!

Mega Gnar Exploration

Head and arms exploration
Mini Gnar Concept
Size and style references

Replies

• Syblinsk
    Offline / Send Message
    Syblinsk node
    Here's some blockout I have been doing lately, some parts are still in exploration, thinking to put back spikes in both forms but still looking at references and looking for options, feedback is appreciated as always.
    Hope you like it!

Mini Gnar

Mega Gnar

Mega Gnar back exploration

• Syblinsk
    Offline / Send Message
    Syblinsk node
    Finally I'm giving the last details to the high models, still have a long way to go, struggled with proportions and prespectives, now its time for the retopology, feel free to leave any feedback, as always is appreciated.

Mini Gnar

Mega Gnar

• Syblinsk
    Offline / Send Message
    Syblinsk node
    Quick update with the Mini Gnar retopology, and finishing mega Gnar mesh, only the head left, been doing some changes and fixes in the high poly mesh so I'm currently updating it, should be posted soon, as always feel free to give feedback.

Mini Gnar mesh is arround 6.100 Tris, and the Boomerang is arround 730 Tris

Mini Gnar and Boomerang mesh

• Syblinsk
    Offline / Send Message
    Syblinsk node
    Finally all retopology is done, had a bit of trouble with the Mega Gnar head, but it turned out fine at the end, now its time to unwrap those UV and get ready for texturing, hope you enjoy!

With some poles and redctions I got the Mega Gnar mesh arround to 7.800 Tris

Mega Gnar retopology

• Syblinsk
    Offline / Send Message
    Syblinsk node
    Struggled a bit with the UVs but managed to make them clean and with good proportions, after a couple of fixes and extracting all the normal maps I'll finally start with texturing, hope you like it!

Mini Gnar and Boomerang

Mega Gnar

• Syblinsk
    Offline / Send Message
    Syblinsk node
    Finally Packing everything to finish, been really busy and also had a lot of trouble with the texturing due to being bad at drwaing and lacking good concept, but still tried my best and got some references from Riot void creatures.

I'll leave here the last renders and wires

• Syblinsk
    Offline / Send Message
    Syblinsk node
    To end I'll post the map references, have to say that i enjoyed the contest so far, but I wished I had more time and to be able to use other concepts apart from my own, that really slowed me down and took part of the quality, but overall I consider it a great experience and I'll be looking forward for more contests.