Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - Character Art

[RIOT CREATIVE CONTEST 2017] Character Art - Dragonslayer Leona

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
JoanSantus polycounter lvl 7
Hello guys,

I'm really excited about this contest. I'm a big fan of League of Legends and I've done a couple of fan made skins already. The dragonslayer theme is one that I really like in the game and Leona is one of my favorite tank supports. I'm not very good at making concept art but I'll upload some drafts soon to give everyone a good idea of what I'm thinking and to hear other peoples opinions too. 

Good luck to everyone :smiley:

Replies

• DaoneT
    Offline / Send Message
    DaoneT polycounter lvl 6
    Dragon+Leona sounds awesome!! Looking forward to it. :)
  • JoanSantus
    Offline / Send Message
    Sorry for taking this long to update this. I put together the splash art for the dragonslayer related skins and another image with the skins in-game. While putting everything together I noticed that the skins armors are very different from the dragons in-game. I was thinking that it might be cool for the dragonslayer skin to change depending on the dragons killed during the game, starting with the old dragon before the elementals were introduced. The color, dragonparts and effects could change depending on the elemental dragon. I would be doing the base dragon form.

• JoanSantus
    Offline / Send Message
    This is my first draft for the body. The weapons I more or less have them figured out on my head but the armor isn't I want it to have pieces of the in-game dragons but the dragonslayer skins don't have them. I'm not sure if I should add more skin-like elements similar to the dragons or have more armour/metallic things. Any idea is welcomed and I will really appreciate them :smiley:

• JoanSantus
    Offline / Send Message
    I started to define more shapes and tweak some things around. I think I'm starting to like the way she is going. Still not sure about the tail, I might make it smaller, and the legs need a lot more work. I'm going to try to play with some shaped for the right shoulderpad tomorrow.

• JoanSantus
    Offline / Send Message
    Not much of an update. Moving some things around, trying to get a better shape. Worked a little bit on the legs. I hope I can get some free time to work a couple of hours of her soon.

• JoanSantus
    Offline / Send Message
    Sorry for the late update. I moved and couldn't work on anything until now. Here is a preview of the sword and shield(closed and opened). What do you guys think?
     I'm going to edit her armor  a little bit tomorrow with more work on the hair  and start retopology. I hope I can finish her before the deadline.