Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - Sound Design

[Riot Creative Contest 2017] - JP Aller

Stratos1
null
Offline / Send Message
Stratos1 null
Hello!

Im jumping on here pretty late, due to work and scheduling conflicts :(. However! I am choosing to use this as a challenge to myself to see if I can step up to the plate and deliver some quality Riot work! I love the logbook system for the challenge since it really keeps you motivated to keep going. Will update as I move along!

Replies

• Stratos1
    Offline / Send Message
    Stratos1 null
    After a couple of hours I've gone through a spotting session for some of the sounds I felt needed extra details and also, some small subtleties that I feel need to be kept through out the video. These are mainly a guide for me to keep me on track and to streamline my recordings so I can narrow down my sounds down to what I need.
  • Stratos1
    Offline / Send Message
    Stratos1 null
    It's been a few days since I've have a chance to update how my project is going with work pulling me away non stop, but nonetheless I have been keeping up with the schedule I've set out. I managed to spot all my foley that I recorded last week (except some fighting foley). I began designing Xayah's feathers since I felt that would need a lot of working to really define a memorable sound. I should be able to do the ADR on Wednesday which gives me tonight and tomorrow to finish the field recording and designing I need to do for the BGs and some scattered SFX. I will be posting sound bites and pics on my next two updates! 
  • Stratos1
    Offline / Send Message
    Stratos1 null
    WOW! What a rush! I managed to upload everything with a few hours to spare. This is going to be my "catch up" post, simply because I just didn't have much time to post my WIP as much as I wanted to. I did take pics and all that good stuff to document it all so here's my basic timeline!

I started out with a spotting session for myself, and I really tried to give as many details as possible in order to make the designing a lot easier

Here's my little homemade "torture chamber" ;] where I got some cool sounds. 

I made this little baby booth with some panels I built and it worked out perfectly!

I also had help from a very colorful and sassy friend. Say hi to Scarlett!

VO Session time!!

My actress is wearing a Bard shirt! Her fav champ!

Sorry for the giant post, but I wanted to unload the whole process also for me to see the work that went into all of it. Hope to hear all you guys' work!
  • Stratos1