What to Create
Two (2) pieces, one movement cycle animation and one animation of your choice from the options below.
- Movement cycle - this usually consists of a Run or Walk cycle, but if you have other ideas on how a character/champion could move, feel free to use your creative genius here and show us how else a character could get across the rift.
And your choice of at least one (1) of the following:
Things to keep in mind
- Special Ultimate animation - What would your champions Ultimate special ability would look like, in league terms his (R - Ultimate) Is it an attack or is it something else?
- Emote animation - how does your champion interact with others on the rift? what would his emotes be. You only need to do one so who us how he would act when he is Taunting, Dancing, Laughing or Joking.
- Recall animation - One of our bread and butter animations for League is the recall animation. How would your champion head back to the base nexus? This animation should be between 6-8 seconds long.
The folks over at www.animationrigs.com
have kindly agreed to lend a hand and are offering some great animation rigs for use if you need one to get started. Feel free to apply your own props and so forth.. all we ask is that all work with these rigs remains strictly for non-profit or commercialization in any way.
- Consider League of Legends' game view for your animation
- Do not have any post effects or camera shakes to the piece
- Animations should be running at 30 Frames per second
- The animations should be in 3d and not 2d.
What to deliver
- Submit a playblast in Quicktime H264 format from the front, side and ¾ views
- High resolution image(s) from a frame of your animation capturing a strong dynamic pose
How Riot will judge
The team at Riot wants to see fluid animations that express exaggerated timing, a good sense of action, and dynamic poses.Additional resources
- Animation style deepdive #1https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCvdHDjZT7I
- Animation style deepdive #2http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/features/dev-blog-champion-animationhttp://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/champions-skins/champion-preview/dev-blog-animation-ivernhttp://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/champions-skins/champion-update/dev-blog-animation-poppyReady to submit?