Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - Environment Art

[RIOT CREATIVE CONTEST 2017] Environment Art - Amandine Constant

Amaekt
vertex
Offline / Send Message
Amaekt vertex
Hey everyone!

This is my first time participating to such contest :)
I'll try my best to achieve it!

Zaun very inspired me, so I made some research on lore about the background between this place, and its champions.
The last Warwick's video really helped me to define what kind of mood I'm looking for :
Industrial and spoiled pieces of pipes, strange machinery, steam, and this weird green substance which looks very corrosive (alchemical rage ?)..
But I don't want this to contrast too much on the Summoner's Rift map. So I imagined : what if some pieces crashed on the environment, from an airship for example? We can find some pieces everywhere, among vegetables and rocks!

My moodboard shows what is more interesting about Zaun and the Summoner's Rift for the next step!

Next time, some concepts of the creep den!

Replies

• Amaekt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Amaekt vertex
    New step, concept art!

I built on an idea of a steampunk cistern which crashed on a creep den, breaking rocks and trees at its impact. But what did this cistern contained? A creep? (who escaped obviously -with the swipes which come from the inside)
    As we can find in the lore, the Baron Nashor is a facsimile from the true one who's a legendary creature. So we can imagine this fake Baron Nashor has been brought on the Summoner's Rift map someday. Why not from a Zaun's airship convoy full of dangerous and forbidden experiments?
    So we can find once again this green substance proper to Zaun's champions.

I want to keep the neutral side from the Summoner's Rift, but add elements very identifiable to Zaun, so let's keep working on it!
  • Amaekt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Amaekt vertex
    I've been working on my highpoly, starting from rocks kit, metal pieces, trees, and the big cistern.

Now I have a global scene I can work with!

Need to do the topology, so I can start some textures!
  • Amaekt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Amaekt vertex
    Happy new year everyone !
    I finished UVs and I've been working on the textures for a file on photoshop!
    I'll try to work more on it later, but for now it's time to work on a turret.

I took some textures of the Summoner's Rift, but only for the ground, I wanted a look in-game!
  • Amaekt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Amaekt vertex
    Just finished the Creep Den, unfortunately I can't do any turret or inhibitor.. But I'm still happy to participate to such contest, and work on such cool theme, and just in the LoL style! I learnt a lot, and I appreciate even more hand painted texture now. I'll need to practice it more!!!